Resellers Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resellers Permit

In California, State Board of Equalization permit costs nothing, everyone should have one.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Just curious - would this work for online sales only targeting California, even if I don't reside there. Do I need to actually reside there to benefit?

Comment

Not sure what you are asking, but a Reseller's Permit is required to make resales from a given location, in this case state.

If you are not in CA, you need a reseller's permit from where you are.

On all reseller's tax forms you are allowed to deduct sales in interstate commerce (sales delivered to a state other than the one you are in), and pay no sales tax on those sales.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I scanned through a website related to this, and saw that they ask for suppliers. Should someone peddling misc replica products apply for this, or will it just lead to BIGGER issues. I don't do it as much as before, but still have a few regulars.

Comment

I don't know what site you found, but in California the return requires nothing like that. Neither the short form nor regular tax return requires anything more than numbers (no names):
          404 – Not Found – Board of Equalization

The application itself requires all your personal and corporate information, but again, nothing about names of suppliers or anything close to that

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Doing a quick search, I couldn't find and equivalent document for Kansas. I'll do some more searching, and post back my findings. If you have any direct links, please let me know.

I will be moving in the next 3 weeks, and will then be ready to start officially registering my businesses. I'm still doing the "underground" thing right now.

BUYING FIRST HOUSE!
            YAY ME!

Comment

There are fifty states. I can help you one-on-one to take care of everything for your particular state, but the process in general is pretty much the same everywhere.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X