Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback revision - When should you use feedback revision? What is it? How works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback revision - When should you use feedback revision? What is it? How works?

One alternative to feedback removal is feedback REVISION. This is the new method for EBAY feedback changes that replaced the old "mutual feedback removal." The new method
    Viewing and changing feedback left for sellers
    is more buyer oriented unfortunately.

In feedback revision, the recipient of the bad feedback (obviously, the seller, since EBAY no longer allows sellers to give buyers anything but positives), initiates a request for feedback revision, and includes a note to the buyer. The buyer then has ten days in which to agree to revise the feedback. If he disagrees or does not respond, the matter is closed and you may not request revision of that particular feedback through this process again.

In the old days, "mutual feedback removal," removed the rating (negative, neutral), but the comment (both buyer's and seller's comments) remained there for all to see. Over time of course, the comment got buried in all your feedback and no one gave two hoots about it.

In the NEW current method, when the buyer agrees to revise feedback he may change EVERYTHING - the rating, and the actual comments. He is allowed to leave an entirely new feedback. And when he does so, your old seller reply is removed.

When should you use feedback revision?

I recommend feedback revision as a last resort after you have used Modee sophisticated tech support methods to have the feedback removed.

• For one thing, revision may be requested only for 5 feedbacks per 1000 feedback per calendar year. For most of us, this means 5 requests per year. Note that this is five REQUESTS not actual revisions. All of your requests may be rejected, but each request still counts towards the total allowed amount.

• ALSO - if you have a pending dispute with the buyer, you may not request revision until after the dispute is resolved.

• Feedback revision must be requested within 30 days of receipt of the feedback.

• EBAY will not TELL you this, obviously, but your chances of getting the feedback removed for violations drops after you make an unsuccessful feedback revision request. By coming crawling to the buyer, asking for feedback revision, you are essentially conceding that you were in the wrong, or at a minimum, that the buyer DID nothing wrong.

. . .

To illustrate the difference between feedback revision and feedback removal, let's imagine fishing with a bait or lure and hook versus spearfishing.

With hook fishing, you have to hope that the fish is hungry, and takes your bait or lure. It's up to the fish, not you. This is like feedback revision - you are at the mercy of the buyer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fishbaithook.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	70314

But with spearfishing, you can come along and Plaster the fish whether it is hungry or not! The matter is in YOUR hands, not that of the fish. This is like Modee feedback removal via tech support - we eradicate the feedback whether the buyer agrees or not!

Name:	kingfish speared fish.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	70315

It's obvious, I think, which is preferable. Waiting for your buyer to come to terms, or taking matters into your own hands and solving the issue yourself.

One last thing - perhaps THE MOST IMPORTANT consideration about feedback revision. I do NOT recommend making your formal feedback revision request the first contact with your buyer about this matter. Rather, I recommend contacting him first, PREFERABLY VIA TELEPHONE, to try and iron out differences and make certain you are on the same page. People are generally more sympathetic on the phone, real time, than in emails, which can come across as rather harsh. In other words, email or better yet PHONE the buyer first, and try to placate him and get him to agree to the feedback revision. THEN send in the official EBAY feedback revision request.

And of course, where feedback revision is concerned - and you are asking for something from your buyer, in most cases you will need to pony up some consideration in exchange. In most cases, such consideration will be whatever the buyer was trying to get out of you that drove him to drop a negative.

But, after all else fails, or if you just don't want to deal with the process of getting feedback removed - feedback revision is a viable option.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

How use ebay api to send feedback revision request?

Now, we have more than 15 ebay account, if i want revise feedback,i must logon the account ,and send the request, it's too inefficient! Is there a api such as ResponseToFeedback to send the request?

Comment

There is an automated procedure to get almost all negative feedback removed immediately, but you must set up your Ebay to do this beforehand. It's a crazy, wonderful loophole in the Ebay system. Contact me to learn how via tech support.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I recently received two negatives from some crazy lady who thought she had not received the items I sold her, which she had received at a substantial discount from retail. I was unable to reach her at her Ebay registered telephone number, and although she was quite vocal with sending and responding to messages and emails right after the sale, she had clammed up after the sale.

I even had left a phone message for her at her Mail Boxes Etc. location, but she had not bothered to call me back.

When it comes to working things out with a buyer, the best is to get him or her on the phone - emails can come across as not so nice and can get out of hand. But in this case, I couldn't get a reply out of her via email or phone.

I was preparing to commence my techniques for feedback removal, when I decided to mail her a letter - via regular mail, basically asking her nicely why she had left me a negative when she had received the items (I enclosed a copy of the delivery confirmation), but at the same time telling her that I would sue her and compel her attendance in court where I lived if she did not respond to feedback revision when I initiated it. Included in the letter were her full name and home address I pulled from an attorney database, just to show her I meant business and would serve her with the lawsuit at home

Well, within one day of her receipt of the letter SHE requested feedback revision via Ebay from ME.

Name:	FB_revision_request.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	70316
        This is a standard message from Ebay where the buyer requests feedback revision. In order for the process to commence, the seller must request it, but the buyer's request for revision prompts this message.

So I initiated the process at my end for feedback revision, and sure enough, she changed the two negs...but to two neutrals. The old bat still couldn't leave me the positives I deserved.

Neutrals no longer count against the feedback percentage, so I remain at 100%. I may get the neutrals removed, or may have her account suspended when I have some spare time, but for now, problem solved.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X