Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very odd getting linked between account with an Ebay-type site, possible device block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very odd getting linked between account with an Ebay-type site, possible device block

It's a buy/sell marketplace, web-based

Based on what I've read about what Paypal can do with pulling device info (not much), I find it hard to believe any other website could do more.

At first I thought they might be blocking me based on my restrictive hosts file, or the security plugins I use in Firefox. I'm using a fresh IP/OS

But having tried stripping all the security stuff, and resetting my hosts file to default, (and trying a new browser, then a brand new OS install) I still appear to be blocked.

The point at which I am being blocked may be related to a cloudfront script/cloudfront.net server.

It seems like I am overlooking simple very simple, and that I must be giving this site way too much credit. But if the thing I am overlooking comes to you, please suggest it!

Happy to provide more details if needed - Just totally stumped and thought some of you might have some ideas.

It just seems odd to me that if Paypal can't detect a device, how could some far smaller site?

I do believe they are employing siftscience, which I believe is related to device recognition - also a server called radi.co but that seems to be related to marketing etc. not security.

Basically what you are saying is - you are creating some kind of accounts on some online marketplace website and getting linked between them somehow. The Short List is over 120 pages long and goes over all possible means by which Ebay/PayPal links accounts.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thank you for sharing that.
      Tre Nguồn resort - Resort gần Hà Nội.

Comment

Working...
      X