Integration in 2009 - third party checkout and non-PayPal processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integration in 2009 - third party checkout and non-PayPal processors

But not to worry because this integration will not mean that merchant accounts are not allowed, simply that EBAY may direct your merchant account through one of their approved "go betweens" for processing via EBAY checkout.

What is better I think is if you just use something like cartmanager (contact me for a free trial and the best deal if you decide to join). That way you keep your merchant account and at worst, have to keep getting a new cartmanager. Cartmanager will still act as a buffer between you and EBAY and should keep EBAY's prying eyes from your merchant account.

While one cartmanager works with just one EBAY at a time, I am very tight with cartmanager being an authorized reseller and agent, so I can get them to change your username and company name info at will.

Interesting: "For approximately 1 out of 5 transactions on eBay today, you are required to leave the site to pay for an item." And that 20% doesn't even include the buyers who mail in a check or money order. lol, EBAY has of course been lying then that "over 90%" of transactions are done with PayPal.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Well it is a little confusing because authorize.net is a real time payment gateway, and so is Google Checkout and PayPal. You may use most payment gateways with cartmanager.

And yes, authorize.net does allow you to accept credit cards and echecks. BUT, authorize.net is available only through a reseller:
    Authorize.Net - Reseller Directory
    and these resellers are basically banks or credit card companies that are the true merchants that process the credit cards for you.

As far as the payment gateway for the future of payment integration on EBAY, cartmanager assures me that they are working with EBAY and will be authorized as an EBAY payment gateway.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Fees August 2008 Other Updates FAQs
      EBAY sellers who are currently using a third party checkout solution to process credit card payments may continue to do so after January, 2009.

So...if you don't have a cartmanager account yet, better get one in place fast!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Third party checkout being gradually phased out - or at least so EBAY says

Home

As of June 15, 2009, eBay will eliminate its Third Party Checkout Redirect on eBay. This will affect ProStores, and Vendors.

But supposedly sometime in 2010, third party checkout will be eliminated entirely. This is not good news for us using systems that are not completely yet integrated into EBAY. However, it does not mean that we will not be able to use our non-PayPal payment methods - it just means that these non-PayPal payment processors must integrate into EBAY checkout. If they do NOT integrate, then we will not be able to use them on EBAY.

HOWEVER, the word straight from EBAY is that third party checkout is NOT being phased out:
        http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200904....09-04-15125710

I would tend to believe that knowing EBAY, eventually - they will phase out third party checkout. Again, this does not mean that you will not be able to use your non-PayPal processor, just that eventually - it will need to integrate with EBAY checkout.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I submitted the above links and information to my rep. at cartmanager. I am still using cartmanager + Google Checkout on one of my EBAY accounts, no problem.

He wrote back:

We have sent off to eBay for clarification on how that would impact services such as ours, as well as continuing requests for their "new integration" guides that they continually reference. We have yet to hear back from them.

Please check back with me regarding this, and I appreciate you sending any other information like these articles that you find.

Thanks,

_______

This is pretty much the same sort of runaround EBAY has been giving cartmanager since EBAY announced this whole can of worms.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Again the latest word from EBAY on third party checkout is:
            April 2009

Some blogs have incorrectly reported that eBay is doing away with third party checkout. We want to clarify that this is not the case.
            The facts: Beginning June 15, eBay will only allow third-party checkout services from approved providers who have updated their user interface according to a set of eBay guidelines. Our goal is to give buyers a more consistent checkout experience. These guidelines do not involve any changes to functionality that is consistent with eBay listing policies and existing legal agreements.
            Some of the current third-party checkout providers may decide to begin using eBay Checkout instead of making user interface changes to their own checkout system. In this case, sellers can continue to use their services.
            If you are a seller using a third-party checkout provider, we strongly encourage you to contact your provider about their plans. Most of our approved partners are planning to make the necessary changes to their solution, including:
            • 4Sellers
            • Afterbuy
            • Auctiva Corporation
            • ChannelAdvisor
            • Cultuzz Digital Media
            • Digital River
            • Kyozou
            • Sandbourne Systems
            • Vendio

To reiterate, we are not eliminating third party checkout on June 15, we are only asking third-party checkout providers to update the user interface.
            Please keep in mind that the definitive source of information about eBay is eBay. You can find accurate information about any planned changes through this Announcement Board and through emails, calls and other official communications from eBay.
            Sincerely,
            Dinesh Lathi
            VP Seller Experience

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Today is June 16th, and my cartmanager + Googlecheckout is still working fine with my EBAY account approved for merchant account only (no PayPal) status.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Does ProPay share Info with Ebay

Does ProPay or any of the "other" payment alternatives share personally identifying Information with Ebay that can link you to a suspended or past account? Are any of these payment options a viable alternative to Paypal?

DC

Comment

You must assume that any third party checkout that is integrated with Ebay DOES share information.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Cart manager+ google checkout

Hi modee,im tring to go with merchantinc.I have a ...2001 ebay account.
                    Is it safe to use real info with your cart manager and google checkout
                    in case merchantinc does not work out.Dont want to use paypal.Thanks.

Comment

Contact me for tech support on using Google Checkout + cartmanager with Ebay. Will you need to supply real information to Google Checkout? The answer is, it depends.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                      X