Cartmanager - how does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartmanager - how does it work?

Cartmanager is the link between your merchant processor and EBAY or your website. Cartmanager does not process the payments itself.

Cartmanager’s shopping cart is only setup to integrate with real-time gateways. It is the real-time payment gateways that then integrate on their back end with the different processors. If the payment processor has any of the gateways listed here:

Shopping Cart - Online Shopping Carts, Shopping Cart Software - Compatible Services

then cartmanager should still be able to work with them through that gateway.

Cartmanager is also integrated with ProPay.com which is an eBay authorized gateway.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Cartmanager is the link between your merchant account (e.g. PayPal) and EBAY or your website. Cartmanager facilitates processing, it does not process anything itself.

The advantage to using PayPal + cartmanager is that it insulates your PayPal from your EBAY - acts like a buffer. Note the word "your" before PayPal.

There are many merchant processors that work with cartmanager that are not on that list, such as Google Checkout and authorize.net , but these processors include one of the real time gateways on that list.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

You can put a cartmanager link right smack on your ebay listings and ebay will love you for it. Cartmanager is fully approved and integrated with EBAY.

Via cartmanager, you may use Google Checkout with impunity. ;-)

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have some pre 11/07 accounts that I will be getting CartManager account for, and I have a question about how eBay will handle them without offering PayPal at all. On any post 11/07 account, you must offer PayPal, if you don't have an approved merchant account. Otherwise; they limit you to 9 listing without offering PayPal, and then request merchant account info to be faxed.

Question: If I add CM to my pre 11/07 accounts, don't offer paypal, and don't yet have an approved merchant account; will I still be restricted to 9 listings, before they ask for faxed merchant account info?

Thanks,
        Last edited by SevnSins; 04-23-2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

The way it works is that you will go in to make your first listing. In the section "Decide how you'd like to be paid" you may need to click "Add or remove payment options" until you see the option "Credit cards." Go ahead and check that box.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Add or remove payment options.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	70269

A box will open up on the main listing page that gives you the option for "Merchant credit cards" - go ahead and click that plus the boxes underneath for Visa, M/C and AMEX. Leave empty the box that requests the PayPal email address.

Name:	Merchant account only payment.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	70270

Eventually you will click to submit the auction listing.

AT THAT MOMENT (or maybe even before, such as when you move to the next page) Ebay will either let you go through and list (this is what happens with MOST not all pre 11/2007 accounts that were created properly), or they will NOT allow you to list and request FAXed information verifying your merchant account.

Name:	EBAY request for merchant account info.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	70271
          There is no "nine listings" or less type deal on accounts. Either they will let you list without PayPal, or they will not.

The longer you delay FAXing in this requested information, the less chance you have of being approved. So to maximize your chances, you must have your game plan and documents ready to go BEFORE you try to list. I have done this many times, including for others, so I know which merchant accounts will get approved, and ways to get approved using certain merchant accounts, and then turn around and use another one for EBAY. There is a definite right and wrong way to do all this, and to get into that level of detailed help, send me a private message. Thanks.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

how do I avoid signing up for the payflow gateway? Do I somehow use cartmanager to bypass it?

Comment

Yes,

I use CartManager, and use my business PayPal account, Google Checkout, and soon to add a merchant account. CartManager integrates directly into eBay, and your customers can pay with the payment options that you have added.

Note: Don't advertise that you offer GCO directly in your listings, for it's not technically an acceptable method on eBay.

Comment

Shopping Cart - 14 Day Free Online Ecommerce Trial Account
                so that Modee gets credit please. :-)

It's free.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

modee, you are a reseller for cartmanager, so after the 24 day trial, how do I contact you for purchase?

Comment

I mean 14 day

Comment

Thanks for asking.
                      If you sign up using that link, (or just click anywhere on this forum where you see the word: cartmanager) then after you convert to a paying cartmanager member is when I get credit. They will keep track of the fact that I referred you.

ALSO after you become a paying cartmanager member - contact me, because I will also provide you some limited free technical support to get you going with cartmanager + EBAY.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Should I try to link my premiere paypal account to cartmanager - or is is just a waste of time? - I know they ask for a business account.

Comment

You will just need to access the Website Payments Standard payment method. I believe you can do this with a premier account, but you will have to double check. You will need a PayPal identity token for CartManager.

Comment

For PayPal Express or Website Payments Pro integration with cartmanager, you need a PP business account, correct.

But to integrate via Website Payment Standard, you can integrate cartmanager with any PayPal account.

It's a little complicated, which is why in most cases I recommend tech support to analyze what exactly you wish to do with PayPal + cartmanager, and why, and go from there with specific one-on-one help to accomplish your goals.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thanks - I am going to do a test - I'll give an update.

Comment

Working...
                              X