Google Checkout - the definitive thread for all questions / issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Checkout - the definitive thread for all questions / issues

Obviously not linked with EBAY, much easier sign up process than paranoid PayPal...could be the answer to some of our problems.

PayPal is really starting to get as bad as EBAY what with its automatic account limitation policy on most new users.

A friend of mine was paid $16K for two items via Googlecheckout that he had sold on EBAY. Google not only froze the account but soon afterwards refunded the money to the buyers! He lost the sales.

It was a fairly new Googlecheckout account so that must have been it, but even PP doesn't refund money to the buyers sua sponte! without some sort of due process.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Google checkout is going to be just as awful as PayPal if it keeps getting hype and new members. That's why we shouldn't openly share payment processors because it seems that the more members a site gets, the more cocky it gets.

Comment

I continue to have no problems with Google Checkout. Works great for me.

About the only reason I have heard for people getting shut down by Google Checkout is when they incur too many chargebacks, or refund requests, but then any credit card processor will shut you down if those sorts of things start happening too often.

Interesting that recently the payment requests come from "Google Wallet" instead of from "Google Checkout." But when the payment is made, the purchase receipt still comes from Google Checkout.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that Google Checkout is more particular lately about overseas orders, reviewing them for much longer before authorizing the payment. And where the billing address is local but the IP address overseas, the orders are typically cancelled as "high risk."

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have a new method that allows you to use Google Checkout + cartmanager with Ebay, without ever being approved by Ebay for merchant account only status, and works even on brand new Ebay accounts.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Also, the lastest information posted on Ebay
            Accepted Payments Policy
            does not mention Google Checkout as disallowed, so perhaps now Ebay has finally relented and is allowing Google Checkout for Ebay payments.

I have been using cartmanager plus Google Checkout for years with a couple of my Ebay accounts, but it seems that now, Google Checkout is no longer banned at Ebay.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X