Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing Google Checkout and PayPal - entering tracking #s and other comparisons

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few things you DIDN'T mention about Google Checkout.

Sure, it's an alternative to Paypal and you can sneak around by using cartmanager. Things you failed to mention beforehand:

-ALL new accounts are subject to a 60 day probation period. During this 60 day period, ALL of your funds are held for exactly 14 days before being paid out. Sure, your customer pays right away, you send off their order and pay out of pocket for shipping YET Google doesn't give a ****. 14 days (10 BUSINESS days exactly) after you charge an order you will be paid. After 60 days, IF THEY DEEM they want to, they will transition you to their "standard payout" in which they will pay out in 2 business days after you charge. This is WORSE than Paypal's 21 day hold policy. Your funds will be released 3 days after your item shows delivered if there is a hold on the funds with Paypal.

-RESERVES...where do you mention reserves?? Google places a reserve on accounts in case of "chargebacks, returns, etc". So not only do they hold your money for 14 days, they ALSO take 10% of your payouts and put it into your "reserve". Once your reserve is met, they no longer take the funds out. But you will never get that reserve out until THEY see fit. When has Paypal ever done this? Never to me, I have never heard of this ****.

Google Checkout is honestly one of the worst merchant processors I have encountered, and after doing a bit of research I see there is a long list of people with the same bull**** happening to them. So Paypal, Google Checkout, and whatever merchant you decide to use....I guess they all suck in the end. Never again will I be using GC to process ANY of my orders.

Comment

These issues happen with some but not all new accounts. For example new accounts that are verified with the business EIN, and have the address verified with a credit card, and are created with bona fide addresses, often have no holds placed on them. It also depends on what kind of processing the accounts are used for.

I have never had a hold or reserve placed on my Google Checkout accounts, and I have many of them.

In any case, once you get past any short term holds or reserves, Google Checkout is gold and once a payment clears, you WILL get the money automatically very quickly and unless you start getting a VERY high rate of chargebacks, Google will leave you alone to do your business.

With PayPal you never know where you stand no matter how old the account and if you do any one of a long list of things that PayPal views as high risk or questionable, your account will get limited.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

Google Checkout does not slow payouts with all new accounts - just some

Upon further investigation, it turns out that this forum member who was complaining about delayed payouts from Google on a brand new account failed to provide Google Checkout with all it required - namely, no website - at application time. This is the reason Google was delaying his payouts. I have never had any payouts delayed on me, not even for newly created accounts because I know exactly what to give Google at application time to make them happy.

As soon as he provided Google with a website, his account was placed back on normal status, with payouts two business days after incoming payments.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Although Google Checkout was retired at the end of 2013, still it bears review to learn about it in comparison to whatever payment processor you are considering today.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X