Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performing Paypal phone Verification for US PayPal but I am out of US (foreign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performing Paypal phone Verification for US PayPal but I am out of US (foreign)

Hi Dears,

I'm new here,and happy to join you!

I have a simple question:
    I'm going to do US Paypal phone verification (Land Line),probably tomorrow.don't have any experience about it at all,and using a call forwarding service.
    Please tell me how to perform this type of phone verification? (step by step)

Thanks

Welcome!

There is just so much more to this than just the phone verification. You need the Short List to understand all aspects of new account creation.

But, the short answer would depend on what country you are in, what country the PayPal is registered in and what exact form of "forwarding" you intend to use.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I'll have much time to learn in the future,but now I need an immediate answer.
      I'm outside of the US now and the Paypal is Verified (by VBA) and registerd in the US.
      Calls will forward from a virtual Land Line to my Cell phone (the number is not a VOIP Number).I tested it for Gmail.it worked.

Please only tell me,what do I have to do when they call me?...I just know there is a PIN (4 Digits)which I must enter it,...but where? on their website? or on my Cell phone buttons?

Thanks again

Comment

There are different types of verifications. I would need to know more about your account and what has been going on with it.

What is a verified PayPal account? What is a confirmed PayPal account? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

In other words - there are no simple answers in EBay/PayPal (or law, for that matter). Anyone who gives you a simple answer to this question is wasting your time.

Anyway, it seems like you want to hear what you want hear. Yes, all there is to a typical PayPal phone verification is typing in an online provided code - similar to the code verification done when you open a new Google Voice account. But, just like Google, there are certain types of phones that PayPal will and will not allow at all for this type of verification. Assuming the phone TYPE is acceptable to PayPal, PayPal goes a step further than Google and wants that phone number to correlate to the geographic location of your registered account address, in order to VERIFY the account. If it does not, you're back to the more complex answer of "there are different types of verifications" because if your phone number does not verify your address, then you'll need to do this another way.

For a more definitive answer check out:
        Modee One on One Tech Support - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thank you so much for your help!

The Story is:
          My country is on sanction, and paypal does not allow us to have any accounts with them.that was why I created a US stealth account about 2 years ago for my online purchases.my paypal is ok now.
          A few days ago when I entered to the account,they asked me a Cell phone # to confirm it.I know can't bypass it,so said them I don't have any Cellphone,..then paypal said: no problem you're a nice boy,come and confirm your Land Line # instead!
          The Number is almost matched with the Address.it's the same Area Code and at the same City but not exactly the same zip Code.

Best Regards

Comment

Also I agree with you and accept your advice!...my US stealth paypal is ok and created about 2 years ago.I provided them a photo of US ID last year.

A few days ago when I entered to paypal,they asked me for a Cell phone Number to confirm it.I said them I don't have any Cell phone. then they asked me to confirm my Land line instead!...
            The Number is almost matched to the address:it's from the Area Code,and at the same City but not exactly the same Zip Code.

Best Regards

Comment

I agree with you and accept your advice.
              The Number is almost matched to the Address.it's from the same Area Code and at the same City but not exactly the same Zip Code.
              My US stealth paypal is ok and has created about 2 years ago.I provided them a photo of DL last year.

Best Regards

Comment

One more thing,this US stealth account is ok and created about 2 years ago.also I provided them a photo of the US DL last year.

Comment

Hi,

One more thing,A few days ago when I entered to paypal,they asked me my Cell phone Number to confirm it.I mentioned them I have no Cell phone!...then they required me to confirm my Land Line # instead.

That's why I'm asking you about phone verification!
                  thanks again

Comment

Well, I hope that you'll spend the time now to post follow up posts on what exactly happens. Thanks!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Need help with a Limited Paypal account

Hi Modee, I have been reading through the posts at this forum and would like to request some help getting my Paypal account restored which has been 'Limited' and requires Phone verification.

Comment

Contact (PM) me for tech support.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have found at least one service that not only accepts incoming calls that make it appear that you are anywhere in the world, but may even allow you to make OUTgoing calls as if you were in a different country.
                          https://www.virtual-phonenumbers.com/
                          which may even be used for outgoing calls
                          https://www.virtual-phonenumbers.com...-phone-numbers

More details in the Short List.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                          X