Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal phone calls, verifications, issues, marketing - Reasons why Paypal might call.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal phone calls, verifications, issues, marketing - Reasons why Paypal might call.

Today I was out running some errands. I came back, and saw that Paypal had called me two times, in an hour (402 935 7733). They didnt leave a message. Given the nature of paypal, im extremely concerned. I know EBAY sometimes will call, and give advise on how to make more money or talk about policy updates. However, I have never had paypal call me for anything besides bad news. has anyone else had paypal call them for something besides possibly limiting your account?

I currently have no disputes, nor have i had any in several months. I have 100% feedback, and nothing but good things to be said about me as a seller from my customers. I have not gotten any email from paypal as of yet, and when i log onto my paypal and ebay account everything looks normal. Thx in advance for any information anyone might have.
    Last edited by chaptap566; 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM.

It is never a good idea to miss any call from Ebay or PayPal.

Now, Ebay often makes simple marketing phone calls. For example lately they are phoning to "explain" the new auction fee schedule. By explain of course, it means that they are trying to squeeze every last dime out of you however they can.

In other instances Ebay phones to verify your account
    Does EBAY make a phone call - phone verification - for every new EBAY account? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

PayPal, just like Ebay, makes calls in both situations ALTHOUGH other than when your account is brand new, PayPal RARELY calls unless there is a problem or issue.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Well its been 6 hours or so, nothing has happend so far. Thats promising, from what i understand paypal would have limited me soon after the missed phone call if it was for anything important. What would you consider a Brand new account? 1 month or less? Mine is about 6 months old, that might be considered new to some.

Comment

Six months is not new. If PP phoned you it was for a reason, not just to say Hello.

But that reason could be anything - suspicious use of your debit card, etc.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X