Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank Wires, checks, money orders - allowed only in certain categories on EBAY now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Wires, checks, money orders - allowed only in certain categories on EBAY now

EBAY's new payment acceptance policy allows bank wires, checks, and money orders only in certain categories now, mostly EBAY motors, business and industrial equipment, and adult listings:

Payment methods policy
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

The way to get around this, I am thinking, is to steer buyers, especially overseas ones and especially on more expensive items, to pay you with bank wire anyway.

But the rule remains, so do not! state "bank wire" or "money order or checks" on your EBAY auctions any longer, unless you are selling cars, machinery or adult goods.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I just created a new EBAY auction for an item that I will not accept payment other than Bank Wire for out of U.S. buyers. I went ahead and put it down right in the listing, clearly.

So far - so good. EBAY has not pulled the listing.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Images instead of words in EBAY listings

One way to get around all this is to post an IMAGE that states the same thing, for example an image (JPEG or GIF) that has the words "Bank Wire only for out of U.S. buyers" or some such. The bidders can still see this, obviously, but then the EBAY automated system cannot.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Ebay has been cracking down lately and removing any listings that reference unacceptable payment options, such as bank wire, bitcoin, etc.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Ha! Same thing I use to do for including e mail addresses or telephone numbers in messages!
            It use to also let you do really cool stuff with the ME page
            I don't think that works any more

Comment

Working...
            X