Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using "GUEST Checkout" on eBay (not PayPal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using "GUEST Checkout" on eBay (not PayPal)

OK first, so there is no confusion about which GUEST checkout I'm referring to.
    im talking about when there is an item that has a BUYITNOW and can be purchased withOUT an eBay username. After adding it to your cart(yes, eBay has a cart) you can pay for it directly with a credit/debit card and checkout without even going to the PayPal site(yes, cards still appear on bank statement as PayPal).

background on me: suspended in 2004 for selling runescape items. (Ironically, I don't even think this is against the rules any longer- there are tons of digital items now, for many online games, including runescape). Most likely, the bigger issue they'd have with me is that I'm a chronic re-registerer, albeit rarely to sell. Usually just to buy.

ok, so now that we have background out of the way, my question is, "What pitfalls, if any, should I be on the lookout for when checking out as a guest? I don't really care about getting the email or CC blacklisted-thats why I'm using Guest checkout in the first place. I'm mostly concerned about eBay using Delivery Intercept to force a return to sender, once they discover who I am.

also, any general info anyone may have gathered over the years regarding continuing to buy after being suspended might be helpful too.

If that's TL;DR, Try this:

i was recently suspended from an acct I had created just to buy. I was already suspended, many times. I would like to purchase a BIN item, and eBay allows a GUEST CHECKOUT(completely separate from merely paying thru PayPal as a guest).
    ​​​​​​What pitfalls should I avoid?

Comment

Any help or just general advice on how to buy once suspended would be helpful. I've usually been fine making new accts to Buy only, but this time it was banned within a week.

also, would eBay ever use Delivery Intercept on a USPS package, shipped the same day as I was suspended, to force a Return to Sender, either on behalf of the seller, or just to say F U to the suspended buyer?

Comment

The short answer is: ebay would never step in to interfere with any seller's shipment. eBay itself has nothing to so with any shipments. It is not AMZN; there are no items it sells directly.

What you really need is the Short List to learn how to create accounts PROPERLY. Obviously you're getting traced back to prior suspended accounts; a vicious unending cycle. Guest Checkout offers you too little protection as a buyer. You're not even able to leave feedback for the seller.

These are the general criteria for Guest Checkout:

Announcements

Which listings are eligible for Guest Buying?
        Your listings will be eligible to be purchased by Guest Buyers if you meet the following criteria:
        1. You must have a premier/business PayPal account in order to accept credit card payments.
        2. Shipping costs must be specified on your listing.
        3. You must qualify for the top tier of buyer protection of $2,000.
        4. The item price must be less than $2,000.
        5. You must use eBay's checkout system. Third-party checkout will not be supported at this time.
        Which means - that not all eBay listings will even be open to Guest Checkout.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X