Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impending Suspension?

Hello All,

My name is John. I own a Jewelry and Pawn shop. Way back in 2001 I had an eBay account. I horribly procrastinated with shipping which lead to negative feedbacks and an ultimate suspension. I then began foolishly trying to create new accounts which resulted to anything I created being suspended.

Fast forward until now. I have a friend, Frank, who offered to let me use his eBay account for selling. When I started he had just created the account. 10 items / 1k per month. I had this increased to 5k per month after the first month and verifying some credit history type items. A month later I called again and vetting increased it to 110 items and $8500.

Shortly after that increase I received an email stating the account had been suspended due to being linked to another account. I called Frank and come to find out he did have another account that he only used for buying. We successfully worked to restore access to that account and sure enough - nothing wrong. I called Vetting and after they reviewed it they restored the selling account. To do so they had to override the system.

All was fine up until today. My next review on the 20th would have placed me at Top Rated and Silver Power Seller status. 100% Positive feedback, 1 day handling times, all satisfied customers. If any account was perfect this one was.

Two days ago the account had aged past 90 days. However, they are still holding funds. So I called, first Paypal, then eBay. The overseas rep at eBay stated even though it had been 92 days it hadn't been three months and starting tomorrow no funds would be held. That didn't sound right to me so I transferred to Vetting.

Once I got to Vetting things took a very interesting twist. The rep at Vetting was very nice which was surprising but she found that Frank hadn't been truthful and they had linked this perfect account to 5 other suspended accounts.

The underlying issue appeared to be an account from 7 years ago that had a balance of $240 and change owed on it. I of course offered to immediately pay that but she stated that eBay's policy is that if an account has been linked to one other suspended account they can investigate it but beyond one and you're basically screwed.

She looked at all the notes and said she was documenting everything. I then asked her what my options were and she very sympathetically told me I needed to find somewhere else to sell things and that I was no longer able to sell on eBay.

I figured by the time I got off the phone my listings would be pulled and account suspended. But... no.

I'm going on 4 hours now, no suspension, no listings pulled, I even tried listing a video game which is a category restricted area and wala no issues and its showing up in search results.

So, now my questions:

1. Is there a chance that since they haven't yanked the listings and suspended the account, if I stay off their radar the account might stay up?

2. Do I have any options if they do suspend the account?

3. Could there be any validity to the 90 days really being three months and after a few more days there will be no more funds holds?

4. Am I at risk shipping items customers have purchased of having Paypal do one of their 180 day funds holds?

5. How much time needs to go by before I can figure this rep either felt bad for me or the system glitched and this account won't be suspended?

I have already paid for the stealth information so I can create a stealth account but it seems like having a "real" account with no issues makes more sense long run but perhaps I am being naive. Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes it doesn't look good, what eventually happened? Use the Short List and only the Short List to create new accounts.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X