Ebay Suspended [terminated?] out of the blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Suspended [terminated?] out of the blue

Greetings, never contemplated writing anything like this.
    An ebay member since 2002, power seller, about 4,300 fb. My last year, 315+, 1 neutral and 3 negs.

Got this message out of the blue today:
    " You can no longer sell items on eBay

Hi d,
    We want to let you know that you haven’t met the minimum requirements to sell on eBay and your seller level is Below Standard in the Global program. As such, you won't be able to list and sell items on eBay anymore.
    Selling standards are in place to ensure that sellers deliver a great customer experience to their buyers. They measure whether buyers were satisfied with your items and your customer service.
    When you don’t meet the minimum requirements for selling, you are creating experiences that erode confidence and drive buyers away.
    If you had any active listings, they've now been ended, and any selling fees paid for those items will be credited to you.
    If you've recently sold items that you still need to fulfill or ship, do so promptly. You'll still be able to see any recently sold items in My eBay, send and receive messages, and of course, buy items on eBay.
    To see more details on why your seller level is Below Standard, go to your Seller Dashboard. "

Not sure what minimum requirements they are even talking about, never paid much attention to them. I always ship promptly at cost, vast majority of transactions went off without a hitch.

Item as described, 4.9/5
    Communication 4.9/5
    Shipping time 4.9/5
    Shipping charges 5/5

Says my seller level is above standard in dashboard. I do have a yellow flag on one category or whatever it is and says below standard.
    Only thing I can think of is recently I had a batch of $10 itune cards dumped on me so I sold probably about 50 of them for $9, they got snapped right up. Problem was is they attract scammers like magnets, they'd pay and then claim credit card fraud. I got burned once, and I noticed a pattern with these thieves, for some reason most of them would message and say "have trust please, send code" so when I heard that, I'd cancel the sale. Ended up cancelling about 8 of them, some ended up claiming their credit card fraud before I even cancelled the sale ... So I didn't lose out, but maybe all of these cancelled sales trashed some of my ratings ?

Also had 2 items claimed received damaged, I said Ok send it back and I'll refund and I did ... Nonetheless these seem to be part of the yellow flag.

I sent an email to them and basically said I ask that you reconsider, seems a little harsh to me to dump someone who has been with you 15 years. Am not optimistic about being reinstated from what I have been reading. Ebay to me is mostly ciggy & gas $$, comes in handy but is not going to cripple me the way it does some folks I have been reading about. Anyways, any suggestions appreciated and have a great day/night.

Often Ebay doesn't tell you exactly why they suspended you. If you have ever seen the cartoon about PayPal limitations, the account rep spins a wheel to come up with the random reason for why they suspended you - Ebay is no different!

As far as credit card fraud for $10. itune cards - doubtful. Scammers are not going to bother with such low ticket items, unless you noticed that more than one was sold to the same person - that might be something.

What you need is tech support to get your account reinstated. Contact me via PM if you would like to try to get the account back.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Ok, will PM later thanks.

I am not lying or exaggerating, itunes cards attract bandits like kids to candy no matter the denomination, not doubtful at all from my perspective since I have had it happen multiple times. I'd prefer a root canal than have to go through that again.

Comment

Working...
      X