Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling PayPal preemptively, prior to a limitation? Call when have open PP disputes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling PayPal preemptively, prior to a limitation? Call when have open PP disputes?

I have been hit by a customs hold on a lot of items purchased before christmas. the problem is i'm not sure which items have been held and which items are simply delayed.

Customers have started to open disputes and I worry that PP will limit/suspend my account.

Is it a good idea to call them? All the disputes in question are to the same country. I do not have any other open disputes for all the other countries I send to?

Worth a try with PP or not at all??

From my experience with PP, and trust me, it has been a long and bumpy road. I don't have much success calling PP directly. The first time my account was limited for "fraud-like" activity, I called them, waited on hold for an hour, only for them to tell me they couldn't help. Same thing with eBay. The trouble usually comes from PP's Security team or Public Enemy #1-ebay's Trust and Safety.
    Settle these disputes quickly, and provide the relevant information. You should be providing tracking numbers to customers, so that pretty much takes care of disputes.

I have lost a dispute for a shipment to Australia, which I had shipped, and had proof (tracking and receipts) and the customer told them it was not sent to the right address. This is the only International non-receipt dispute I've lost, though. With the tracking numbers you protect yourself from allot of backlash. Plus, your customers know what's going on.

Comment

I'm not sure what your disputes are concerning, though.

If they're non-receipt, the dispute process is pretty clear cut. Either you prove they received it, or the buyer wins. No question.

For not-as-described, I'm not too sure on. I have had one of these, and I ended up winning, but it took three months to clear, as the customer filed a chargeback with their cc company, and not a dispute on PP. If you have several of these disputes, you probably deserve them. Not to be mean, but people expect to get exactly what they purchase.

Comment

Trying to contact Ebay or PayPal preemptively is pretty much a waste of time. You will end up with different answers from different customer support people, canned answers, useless answers.

That is not to say that contacting Ebay and PayPal is entirely a waste of time - just that contacting them must be done after taking certain other steps.

Also keep in mind:
        Complain to PayPal employees if limited? - how to get de-limited - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X