Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean to LINK your PayPal with your Ebay account? Is linkage good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean to LINK your PayPal with your Ebay account? Is linkage good?

There are a few different ways that you may link your PayPal account with your Ebay. Each one puts an increasing amount of pressure and scrutiny on your PayPal, but at the same time, the more links you apply, the more comfortable Ebay will feel about your account.

Before we get into the effects of PayPal linkage, let's discuss what the different forms of linkage are:

When you first go to your My Ebay page, you'll send a menu like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LinkToPayPal.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	65963
    After you click to go to your PayPal Account, you will be confronted with a choice - to link, or not to link your PayPal with your Ebay. This is a formal linkage, and, for most purposes, what is meant by LINKING your PayPal with your Ebay:

Name:	LinkPayPal.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	65966

Even if you do not formally link your PayPal with your Ebay, as above, you may simply add the email address of your PayPal in your auction listings for payment purposes:

Name:	PaidWithPayPal.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	65967
    And finally, you may decide to link formally your PayPal to your Ebay for purposes of payment of your Ebay fees:

Name:	PayPal_PaymentMethod.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	65968
    You will also need to select your checkout preferences to Use checkout, Offer PayPal on your listings and if you do not offer alternatives, to Display "PayPal Preferred" on your listings:

Name:	CheckoutPreferences.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	65969

With my Ebay accounts, where I have nothing to worry about (the PayPals are not stealth), I go ahead and link for purposes of formal linkage, and of course I enter the PayPal email address on my auctions for purposes of payments. On a stealth PayPal, I do NOT formally link the PayPal, but of course - to get paid, I enter the PayPal email address into the auctions.

I NEVER link my PayPal for purposes of automatic payment of seller fees - I want to have control over that, especially in case I decide to jettison the accounts and pay no Ebay fees at all.

In general, and the Short List gets into more detail about this, the more links you allow between your PayPal and your Ebay, the more comfortable Ebay becomes with you and allows you freer rein to sell what you need to sell. But at the same time, if your PayPal is a stealth account, or somehow mismatched with your Ebay's information, then obviously you would want less scrutiny of the PayPal itself which will happen if you link it formally with your Ebay. Basically, you pays your money and you takes your choice - you can't have it both ways. You must decide based on the context to what extent you wish to link your PayPal with your Ebay.
    Attached Files
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support
Working...
X