Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to sell - Sale of non-tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaporizer related items on Ebay and PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sell - Sale of non-tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaporizer related items on Ebay and PayPal

Some of my clients sell the new non-tobacco nicotine based smoking products, e-cigarettes and vaporizers on Ebay or via PayPal, with varied success. I provide a special tech support on this exact topic to help you sell such items under the radar.

PayPal recently changed its policies, effective July 1, 2015, to require specific permission before selling such products via PayPal:
    Policy Updates
    "
    • Pre-approval required to use PayPal for the sale of certain services
      You are required to contact us and obtain our approval to use PayPal to accept payments for the sale of certain goods and services, including non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices and for activities involving gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, but only if the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law."
    whether this will turn out to be a loosening or tightening of restrictions, remains to be seen.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

There is this statement in the PP Help Center:

"PayPal generally prohibits transactions for all types of tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars, and smokeless tobacco due to legal requirements and industry regulations for online tobacco sales."
    Any merchant selling these products and offering PP is either doing so without PP's knowledge or with written permission. That permission can be revoked by PP at any time, for any reason, without explanation, and without recourse by the merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
      Some of my clients sell the new non-tobacco nicotine based smoking products, e-cigarettes and vaporizers on Ebay or via PayPal, with varied success. I provide a special tech support on this exact topic to help you sell such items under the radar.

PayPal recently changed its policies, effective July 1, 2015, to require specific permission before selling such products via PayPal:
      Policy Updates
      "
      • Pre-approval required to use PayPal for the sale of certain services
        You are required to contact us and obtain our approval to use PayPal to accept payments for the sale of certain goods and services, including non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices and for activities involving gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, but only if the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law."

whether this will turn out to be a loosening or tightening of restrictions, remains to be seen.
      Any update on restrictions?

Comment

Working...
      X