Paypal states "We do not recognize the device you are using"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal states "We do not recognize the device you are using"

Nowadays I have a peculiar problem that comes up every time I log into any stealth Paypal account. I am able to log into my accounts and putter around just fine. But when I try to link a bank account, link a prepaid debit card, or pay invoices, in other words doing anything useful, Paypal throws up this aggravating message: "We do not recognize the device you are currently using. Please verify your phone number."

I don't understand why Paypal does not recognize "the device [I] am currently using." This is the exact same computer I have been using always. I never log into any Paypals with an iphone, etc. I specifically NEVER clear cookies, flash objects, LSO objects, etc. for my stealth accounts because I thought that is what we are supposed to do. But Paypal is lately doing this EVERY SINGLE TIME that I attempt to do anything with money.

I have noticed this lately with Ebay, not so much PayPal, however I do clear all cookies and flash objects each time.

Indeed, I have also noticed that lately BANKING sites are asking for email/text verification even when using the same browser and maintaining all cookies/flash objects, but when logging in with a different IP address, especially when using a proxy.

You should NEVER use a proxy with Ebay/PayPal - this is all in the Short List.

If you are not using a proxy, is it possible that you are changing the IP address because my experience lately with banks is that they are using some new algorithm or perhaps some entirely new software, that is requiring verification simply if you login from an unfamiliar (as in, new) IP address. In short, my experience lately with all secure sites is that they have stepped up their verifications and that if any piece of the puzzle (including IP address) is different, they sometimes demand verification.

Consider also:
    Ebay and PayPal phone and email verifications - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Update: I tried clearing cache, cookies, LSO, etc. on a few of my stealth accounts. It did not help the problem at all. Anytime I try to do anything with money, I get that stupid message, "we do not recognize the device you are using."

Again, this problem has been happening on all of my stealth accounts. Including some newer ones that I opened using the Shortlist techniques.

I never use a proxy, change dynamic IP addresses, etc. I use the exact same one internet account from the local Bell South, in my apartment, which is an unchanging static IP address. I have been testing this using IP Burger, and it is the exact same IP address always.

My bank never does this ever. I bank with a local credit union.

Comment

How can you create stealth accounts using the same static IP address?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hehe, that's a good question. I have no idea why it worked, all I know is that it let me. So far all of those stealth accounts are 100% good standing officially, but I also have not done anything with them that would trigger limitation.

Comment

I wonder if my computer is just old.

Comment

Creating an account - opening it, is not the issue. You may create many accounts improperly. But when it comes to using them, they will fall if created improperly.

You may not create a bunch of accounts with different information all using the same IP address (if this is what you have done), this just creates a major flag that results in limitation when you try to use the accounts. Might as well just forget about the Short List entirely and call PP up and tell them that you have created different accounts under different names and addresses, because that is what you are doing in essence when you create different accounts on the same IP address.

We don't want to discuss details of the Short List here - that is confidential - but you know that you must use a unique IP address for each account you create, and never overlap.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X