Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to check someone's info on their Paypal? Verify name and address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to check someone's info on their Paypal? Verify name and address?

So I've got a purchase that's direct, not on EBay, Amazon, etc. It's solid, I *sort* of know the person(online only), but it's a fairly large transaction(nothing fatally large, but I don't want to be scammed).
    As far as I know, he's not well versed in stealth. This is his only account.

He's sent me a few too many weird messages checking up and as made me suspicious.
    I've already sent him stuff which he bought off of me. Payed, etc. What I'm wondering is if I can check and see the name and street address he gave me last time matches his Paypal info.

There are databases to accomplish this. Not all are available to the public. You can also do a simple good search of their name and city state see what comes up.

Your question is a little confusing. Does this address match the PayPal confirmed address he gave you before, or is this some entirely different address?

If this is a "direct" deal and he paid via PayPal or a different merchant account you have, AVS (address verification service) will verify the address and not allow the payment if AVS does not match to at least some degree (or allow the payment and notify you that AVS did not match). You should review this forum for more on the seller protection policies afforded by PayPal and other merchant processors.
    Comparing Google Checkout and PayPal - entering tracking #s and other comparisons - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

And if this was a direct sort of money transfer (no credit card involved), then who cares where you ship? Such a payment would be irreversible.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
      Your question is a little confusing. Does this address match the PayPal confirmed address he gave you before, or is this some entirely different address?
      There was no Paypal confirmed address last time. He sent me the money, I sent him the stuff he asked for. It was off of any auction site. It was less than $40 worth of merchandise.

If this is a "direct" deal and he paid via PayPal or a different merchant account you have, AVS (address verification service) will verify the address and not allow the payment if AVS does not match to at least some degree (or allow the payment and notify you that AVS did not match).
      I wasn't clear enough. I'm buying from him this time. I've sold him things in the past.
      His AVS will check out probably(on Paypal's end). But that's not what I'm wondering.

And I only have so-so faith in buyer/seller protection. I've ended up on the wrong end of Paypal disputes several times.

Comment

Just Google the guy's name and address, if you want access to legal databases to find out exactly where he is do a tech support with me.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X