Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metatrader 4 for Macintosh

Question for the resident Mac expert Modee -

I'm moving over to a MacBook. One of my most important programs is Metatrader 4 as I do a bit of trading. I know Macs don't allow .exe files so is there any way for me to move over my custom indicators and EAs that I had setup in .exe files on Windows?

If I understand you correctly you'll need to run a Windows emulator like Parallels Desktop
    10 Extraordinary Windows Emulators for Mac
    Actually, I maintain an HP laptop for times that I need to run a Windows program, such as ios jailbreaking software, etc.

For that specific program, there are different ways to run it right on a MAC, including
    Install on Mac OS - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thanks Mo. So it seems there won't be any problem moving over all my custom EAs and Indicators and using them as normal?

Comment

I am not the greatest fan of emulators they used to run quite a bit slower than the direct thing, but the latest versions of Parallels and the like run at almost comparable speeds to the real thing. Obviously if you run the program off an emulator you will get all of its features. I don't know if their own technique I posted above will get you all of the same features.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X