Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Rates Are Low, but Banks Balk at Refinancing

Rates Are Low, but Banks Balk at Refinancing - NYTimes.com

Mortgage rates in the United States have dropped to their lowest levels since the 1940s, thanks to a trillion-dollar intervention by the federal government. Yet the banks that once handed out home loans freely are imposing such stringent requirements that many homeowners who might want to refinance are effectively locked out.

Right - the Obama administration gave these banks handouts, but they are not lending much if any money to anyone who might NEED it.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

That's right but private investors are still giving out home loans. There are new investors poping up in the home loan industry who are even willing to give loans to borrowers with 620 credit scores which is fair to good. I'm guessing banks are afraid to give out loans since people still don't have jobs but they're even holding back on people who have steady jobs for 2+ years.
    ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
    Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
    You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
    Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
    PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

True, but you're talking double digit interest rates for such private loans.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Well not actually double digits. Getting a wholesale home loan will give you the interest rate which is the norm. I know someone who has access to wholesale home loans and gets very good interest rates from private investors.
        ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
        Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
        You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
        Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
        PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

Interest rates are remain at historic lows, but the problem is getting APPROVED for the loans. Five to eight years ago, any applicant with good credit could get a loan, based on STATED income (just stating what their income was, which was not even verified).

Currently, everything is verified, including tax returns, and income to loan ratios are so low that it is hard for even salaried people to get high dollar loans, let alone the self employed.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X