Watches as investments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watches as investments

You know - watches can be a good investment too. Especially when metal prices go sky high.

For example platinum watches I had bought - at the right prices, see here:
    Buying a Rolex, Cartier, Patek Philippe or any other high end watch - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    around 2001 and 2002 are worth slightly more than what I paid, and when platinum was flying at $2000./ounce, were more a lot more.

Also some watches - especially ones with complications (perpetual calendars, tourbillons, chronographs) tend to go WAY up in value over time. For example almost any platinum or gold Patek perpetual calendar is worth more today than even its original retail price.

Also, classic watches. When I was a kid a friend of mine sold me a Rolex model 6265 Daytona
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rolex6265_small.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	70343
    for $200. At the time, the watch was worth about a $1000. I guess. Maybe not even that, so it was a good deal but not the deal of the century.

Today that watch, maybe fifteen or twenty years later, is worth $25K. And its value briefly touched nearly $50K.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Such watches continue to hold their value even in the recession. Rare older Rolex Daytonas are a good investment, as are any complicated movement (such as perpetual calendar) platinum Patek Philippe watches. Although the prices for rare watches peaked in 2006 or 2007, and have come down some since, they still remain very high compared to levels of ten years ago.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I can't get enough of fine timepieces! I keep accumulating.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Watches are gut!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X