TSLA - Tesla Motors Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSLA - Tesla Motors Inc.

I do not hold a long term position in this stock. Recently started trading it, both long and short.

I find, at least for now, that when it is under 200 it tends to want to move back over 200, and once over 200, that it tends to want to go back under 200.

Keeping this in mind, and following its chart, it's been pretty easy, lately, for me to scalp a point or two in the stock as it moves in either direction.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Fundamentally, I think TSLA is doomed.

It's not just that it is burning through all its cash
    marketwatch.com
    although that is definitely part of the problem.

In the history of the U.S., only the big three Ford GM and Chrysler have survived in the long term, and even 2 of them almost failed in the 2008-2009 crisis. Over the years, other have tried - Studebaker, DeLorean - all have failed.

If you want a complete list of the hundreds who have tried and failed, looky here
    List of defunct automobile manufacturers of the United States - Wikipedia
    Let's face it, the system just isn't set up with room for anyone other than the Big Three.

People got all excited in 1992 when Ross Perot was running for President and people thought he might actually make it, but besides the fact that he turned out to be a mean a-hole and lost the support of many, the system just isn't set up to allow anyone other than a Republican or Democrat to win because the U.S. has essentially a two party system.

Just as the small fry political parties like Green Peace or Libertarians might make some noise or even impact, so TSLA might do something too, but short (pun intended) of it being bought out by a bigger player (which I think is a viable option, such as the way Fiat bought Chrysler), it will go the way of the Studebaker eventually.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I've been short TSLA lately and doing well on that.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Even today, with TSLA up up up in the pre-market, STILL a great short opportunity on TSLA. Quick trades, 1000 - 3000 shares at a time, for a quick 1 -3 points each time. CHA'CHING! Being short (or long) doesn't mean you must hold the stock long term.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

TSLA holding its own, still.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

TSLA crumbled today on news that it was acquiring Solar City. Stockholders evidently feel that Musk should concentrate on the car business, or at least handle solar internally. Certainly a company with no positive earnings should not be buying up other companies.

Down as much as -25 in the pre-, to 194 or so, it is struggling to stay above 200 now.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Got into this at 203 last week, on the Thursday it plummeted. Since then, it's seen as low as 192 in a pre market drop and as high as 210. I'm not taking the short end money on this one, want class, to be a contendah - target is 216.5

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Sold sold sold @ 220! It was a long wait, and as low as 180 before we got here, but we arrived today!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                X