OptionsHouse is now eTrade E*TRADE Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptionsHouse is now eTrade E*TRADE Financial

Options House was acquired by eTrade. Interestingly, the most advanced trading platforms, both desktop web based and mobile app, being used by eTrade now are the same ones that were being used on Options House. In other words, the trading platforms on OptionsHouse (OH) were better than what was on eTrade, which is perhaps part of why eTrade bought out OH.

With a grandfathered OH account, you get their prior rates, which for me were:

Click image for larger version  Name:	OHFees_7_2017.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	75572

Click image for larger version  Name:	OH_marginRates_7_2017.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.0 KB ID:	75573

The eTrade rates for existing and new eTrade customers are higher.

Supposedly eTrade execution speeds are faster than OH, haven't really noticed any difference yet but I've placed only small 100 share orders today, not the usual 1000 of AMZN, etc.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

One thing that is ridiculous is that eTrade does not allow queuing of extended hours orders. It is night time right now. US Markets closed. I am allowed to place a day order that will queue and then open when the regular market opens at 9:30am EST, but I cannot even place an extended hours order until the extended hours open at 7AM EST. It was not that way with Options House, nor is it that way with my TDAmeritrade account - any order, day or extended, may be placed when markets are closed, queued and then will open when markets open (extended, or day).

Modee Tech Support

Comment

So etrade called me this morning and apologized for the issue with inability to queue extended hours orders. They agreed that this should be allowed and that it is a technical glitch and that now that I brought it to their attention it will be rectified within a couple of weeks. So, over $300 billion in etrade customers and not one determined that this was an issue? I knew the night before the market opened on the first day of etrade's taking over for OptionsHouse!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
      X