eBid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBid

eBid is an online auction website founded in December 1998. eBid operates in eighteen countries, United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada, Australia , Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, India, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, Sweden, Singapore, South Africa. eBid uses its own online payment service PPPay to allow for buyers and sellers to pay each other in Euros and Pounds Sterling, although members are not restricted to using this form of payment, 'Paypal' and 'Google Checkout' for example are also popular payment methods on Ebid.

Listing a basic auction on eBid is free and a small percentage final value fee is paid on selling your item.

Traffic Rank*
    EBAY is ranked # 22
    Amazon # 34
    iOffer # 3,035
    UBID # 17,316
    eBid # 20,000
    stootsi # 72,684

* apart from eBid's rank (from August 2009), all the others r from May, 2009
    eBid rank was up 3% in the last 3 months (for comparison)

ok, enough of the facts.
    In my experience its still not as active as any of the top auction sites but i have sold here and its PPPay payment processor, which is equivalent of ebay's paypal, is pretty fast and reliable.

It growing at the moment as I saw ebid a year ago and it was "dead" but not its has sellers with 500+ feedback, which is impressive considering a year ago no one crossed 10.
    Also, even though its pretty international on the surface, actually only ebid UK is active. The rest are dead.
    I just hope that it challenges the top sites mainly ebay but its highly unlikely.
    Last edited by PayPal; 09-06-2009, 12:48 PM.

Not bad. I had no idea that ebid was up there with ubid almost. I have had great success with ubid - might give ebid a try.

Traffic rank of course isn't everything. ioffer may be up there, but for the most part ioffer buyers are cheapskates who are either looking for counterfeits or want to purchase the real thing for prices they would pay for counterfeits!
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
      Not bad. I had no idea that ebid was up there with ubid almost. I have had great success with ubid - might give ebid a try.

Traffic rank of course isn't everything. ioffer may be up there, but for the most part ioffer buyers are cheapskates who are either looking for counterfeits or want to purchase the real thing for prices they would pay for counterfeits!
      eBid UK is the most active but its auctions are still weak. Look for bargains here to sell on ebay. For example, I was biding on an itunes £15 giftcard from a seller who had a +109 feedback (pretty good for ebid). On ebay this would go for face value easily, but here, oh no! Guess how much??

£3.50

Comment

ebid.com dead

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I know this is an old thread but it is still going it is called ebid.net these days, not sure if its always been that way? But it is dead there has anybody ever sold anything there??

I think it could be a good site just that nobody outside of banned ebay sellers has ever heard of it.
          If you are looking for ebay alternative in the UK look no further than shpock, I have done really well on there the last couple of years and they have lots of TV advertising in the UK and the best thing is I have never paid one penny to them no sign up fee no details no bank stuff and lots happy to pay on there with paypal now . I think they(shpock) are in Germany, Italy, Sweden too but I can only testify for the UK site that I have made a money on there regularly 5-10 sales a week and its always been pleasing transactions with nice people.

Comment

Not sure about what ebid is doing? Actually, I just checked Alexa and
            eBid Online Auction and Fixed Price Marketplace - Buy & Sell in our Fee Free Environment for United States
            Has a rank about 35,000th in the U.S. which is not bad!

(By way of comparison, as of August 2017, ubid.com is 142,000th, ioffer about 4000th, eBay 9th, amazon 4th.)

Compare to 2009 rankings as noted above:
            EBAY was ranked # 22
            Amazon # 34
            iOffer # 3,035
            UBID # 17,316
            eBid # 20,000
            stootsi # 72,684

eBid has dropped some, but what has really dropped is ubid! I used to sell on ubid.

(Stootsi has fallen the most tho...now dead!)

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Surprised eBay has jumped up the rankings so much, I could swear the traffic has at least halved since then!

eBid however was like a ghost town, I recall about one sale/six months. I stopped wasting time on there years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X