Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Widespread Amazon account deletion? Is this what is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widespread Amazon account deletion? Is this what is going on?

Are you up to date on the widespread account deletion conspiracy going on at Amazon?

All my AMZN accounts remain intact, even ones I haven't used in a while.

It all comes down to proper account creation. All that is going on for the most part is that AMZN is enforcing already known (to me) methods for linking accounts, and pruning ones that have mismatched information. Example: person created account A with identifying information. Around same time created account B with different identifying information.

Finally AMZN gets around to linking the accounts, realizes that one or both of the identifying information must be false because it doesn't match, and deletes both accounts.

There's really nothing new under the sun. Just better enforcement of the same old rules.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

What do you mean they realize it doesn't match? You mean used **** name, address, etc? But not every name and address can be cross referenced and that doesn't strongly indicate **** info or a bogus account...

Comment

There is a lot more to proper account creation than should be posted in public. What I am saying is, that AMZN is doing nothing more now than ever, just perhaps enforcing the same rules a little more stringently.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

So do you think all the speculation about Amazon using browser fingerprinting and the like is untrue?

Comment

That's just another piece of the puzzle all of these guys including Ebay have used for a few years now, but only to the extent of human, final analysis to make a decision about account suspensions, when there are other linking factors already present. No one is getting linked solely by using the same browser, because if you know what you are doing, your browser and system configuration will not be unique, or you'll offer up different configurations to Ebay and Amazon. Information about how to deal with this has been in the Short List for a while.

"Browser fingerprinting" is just a fancy word that means that when you use a certain browser, they know which browser you use, what version, and some other factors too such as what plugins you use, system fonts, and so on. Again, nothing new.

This is the problem with guides like aspkin's "Stealth Guide" - at this point aspkin hasn't sold a thing on EBay in over five years, so how can he know what is going on? People panic because they think something new is going on, when it's just new to people like aspkin. Since aspkin hasn't sold on Ebay in over five years, I imagine everything is new to him and his forum.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X