Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Policy Warnings Expiration

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Policy Warnings on Amazon have an expiration, similar to the expiration of a VERO complaint on eBay?

For example, on eBay, I can commit policy violation related to VERO more than 3 times without being completely banned, because after a period of time, the violation expires and a seller's policy rating is set back to a level of MEDIUM or HIGH. Ebay explicitly discloses the expiration date on the details of the violation located in seller performance ratings, however Amazon gives much less information on a their Policy Warnings.

From experience, I know Amazon can permanently suspend a seller's account after 3 policy warnings but I do not know if this is 3 policy warnings within 1 year, for example, or 3 policy warnings throughout the entire time you are selling at amazon. Can a person be suspended from 2 policy warnings in 1 year and then a 3rd policy warning 3 years later?

If anyone has knowledge about this I would appreciate a response. Thanks for reading.

It's actually not true that policy violations "expire" on Ebay - they remain on your account indefinitely and when time comes for a review of your account by Trust and Safety, all prior transgressions are considered.

As well, even one policy violation may result in suspension.

What you're referring to are the "automatically" logged policy violations that are recorded on your account, and visible on your Seller Dashboard. Not every violation is logged in your Seller Dashboard. You may not assume that all is well just because your Seller Dashboard is free of logged violations.

All of this applies as well to Amazon.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Well, I do not have the experience with enough accounts to make the assumptions I did. I did think that the expiration, the time past from violation to violation, with things such as VERO and duplicate listings, those that are logged in the seller dashboard, had significant meaning.

With my experience of Ebay and Amazon I felt that Ebay was a lot more lenient than Amazon because I have had several VERO strikes on Ebay, for the same type of item but 3 on Amazon and was booted. I could just be lucky on Ebay or the next strike on Ebay could be a permanent suspension. I dont take the risk anymore so I hope I dont find out.

Comment

Working...
      X