Ubid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubid

I do use UBID and it is fine. But I use it for high end items only.

I finally had to hunker down and accept one dollar starting price no reserve auctions on UBID. I do have a UBuyIt! (UBID equivalent of EBAY's But it Now) on my UBID auctions. I have a good relationship with my UBID account manager, so sometimes he features my items on either the front page of UBID or at least on the relevant front page for that category of item.

Sometimes these same items have sold higher on EBAY, sometimes lower.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

UBID is a viable alternative to EBAY, at least for the high end items I sell. Seriously, I have sold a LOT of stuff on UBID. I can't say it is better than EBAY as far as traffic, but I cannot say it is far worse. There may be less traffic but the end sale price for my items has been comparable.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

UBID is doing REALLY well for me lately on my high end (around $3K) items.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

To sell on UBID either you, the individual, or your company, must have excellent credit. There is also a qualification process whereby they look at your websites, your business, everything, to make certain you are both legitimate and fit in with their game plan.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

REDTAG.COM about to launch

UBID is about to separate its auctions so that all the bidding auctions remain on uBid.com Online Auctions - The Marketplace You Can Trust , and all fixed price "auctions" move to a new site, redtag.com

UBID continues to help me move six figures in merchandise on a regular basis, and they have not bothered me whatsoever for the almost two years I have been with them. Very professional company - you treat them and your customers right, and UBID treats you the seller right. No hanky panky.

Tim's Tips
          (Timothy E. Takesue
          Executive Vice President – Account Management and Seller Solutions
          President – uBid Inc., a uBid.com Holdings subsidiary)

* Hello. I hope all is well. I am writing with great news. Our new site, RedTag.com, goes live August 29. RedTag is going to be our fixed price only site; uBid will become 100% auctions ($1 start, high start, and high start with a uBuyItNow). With all the success we’ve had with fixed price items on uBid, we decided to start the new site to accommodate the fixed price buyers (and sellers). We would love for you to be part of the kick-off. Here are some of the details: DETAILS: Listings are still FREE and you have the same rate card as you do on uBid.com. Listing on RedTag is easy! You will use the same Certified Central you currently use. uBuyItNow Only listings (auction type code 1003 on the uploader) will appear on RedTag.com, and the rest of the auction types will remain on uBid.com. All uBuyItNow Only listings live on the uBid site will be closed on August 25th. Any listings scheduled to open after August 25th ,will go live on the RedTag.com site starting on August 29th. You will start with the ability to post up to 100 RedTag listings. This can be raised after the first month, based on your Listing Success Rate. To start, we ask that you have a minimum 5% Listing Success Rate with the 100 posting limit. Merchandise which is new, manufacturer refurbished and refurbished will be the only product conditions allowed on the site. Shipping on RedTag.com is $1.95 per order to ensure consistency with our customers. We’ve received positive feedback from customers on having consistent and low shipping prices. This should translate into improved sales. We will not be reimbursing this fee to our merchants, so please be sure to add the cost of shipping into the product listing price. Ground shipping will be the only shipping service available on Red Tag. We are only accepting orders that will be shipped to the contiguous United States (No Alaska or Hawaii). You can still ship LTL, just remember to include the shipping cost in your product listing price. When building uBuyItNow Only listings, please be sure you have adjusted your product listing price to include shipping. The system will disregard anything you have in the shipping field. If you have any uBuyItNow Only auctions already built and scheduled to open after August 25th, your product listing price will need to include the cost of shipping. You can begin immediately to build listings and schedule them to open after August 25th. There will be a new tab on the RedTag.com site called “New Arrivals.” All new listings will go into a queue for a maximum of 12 hours, before they go live on the site, with a random selection of items to be listed on this new page. This will give all items a chance for more exposure and will generate excitement from the customers since they will not know what items will be featured. All items on RedTag will have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee return policy. Your Certified Central will be updated to show information about your RedTag sales and your Listing Success Rate. The marketing plan for RedTag will be released in the coming weeks. The quantity or the end time will not be displayed in your listings. TIPS: 1. Begin today! Start building and scheduling your listings for RedTag.com 2. Don’t forget to include shipping in your product listing price. 3. Only new, manufacturer refurbished or refurbished items, please 4. Save time and list your items for 30 days You can see the press release here: uBid.com Holdings, Inc. Announces Plan to Launch Fixed-Price Commerce Website RedTag.com This is going to be phase I of the site, to get things up and running. We have so many exciting things already planned for future releases. RedTag will keep on growing and improving. After the launch, we would appreciate your feedback on what changes and improvements you would like to see. I hope you decide to post on RedTag as well as continuing to sell on uBid. We appreciate all you do. Please contact your Account Manager or Account Support if you have any questions. Thank you for your continued support!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Modee I have an old ubid account. Just started getting a lot of "informative" emails from them lately seems like ubid is making a big push again.

Comment

Working...
            X