Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No reserve auctions, low starting price - ARE THE TICKET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cjw7
    replied
    from what I understand, a seller can only cancel bids if the listing has more than 12 hours left. If fewer than 12 hours, a seller can only sell to the highest bidder.

Leave a comment:

• NO ID
    replied
    A test is good but its better to look at your competition on the same item and see those that list low and how much they end up getting it for at closing.

Leave a comment:

• SevnSins
    replied
    I'm going to give it a try, and see what happens. Can't hurt to test the waters again. If I end up giving it away for $0.99, then I'll know it's the wrong product. I'll test it on one of my cheaper items, so the loss won't be so great.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    As a desperation tactic you can cancel all bids at the last minute (not allowed to cancel the auction as you get close to the end - but you can always cancel bids).

This is very hard to do though and you might end up with a winner anyway. You just have to hope that the winner is reasonable and doesn't try to get you to perform for a penny!

Leave a comment:

• SevnSins
    replied
    I had several things last year that I could list for $0.99, and get $50-$75/each consistantly. Due to the VERO man, I just quit trying to sell them. Looks like I need to research better, because you guys have some good products. I'm sometimes scared of listing things low, for the risk of losing money up front.

Leave a comment:

• NO ID
    replied
    I list $0.99 and end up with a max of $125, average $105

If its hottt, it will get up there.

Leave a comment:

• SevnSins
    replied
    I have never use reserve, unless it was to test the waters for a new product. Although; I think I might try the $0.01 auctions to see how they turn out.

I sure would like to know what it is that you can list for $0.01, and still get $1000 for an ending price. You really do have a golden goose in your hands.

Leave a comment:

• NO ID
    replied
    Auctions really do bring in more money from my experience and its does make a difference with the fees on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• John14789
    replied
    Very true about the reserve auctions as they don't derive as much intrest. With my products I've always found it better if I place them in a BUY IT NOW auction. If I don't then I'll get about $20-30 less for it which doesn't make sense to loose.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Right, my experience has been that when the item is listed with a reserve at say, $1000. dollars, no one might bid and the auction ends with no winner.

And then you take the same item, list it at no reserve starting price a penny, and it ends at over a K! Go figure.

In any case - the formula works for most (not all) items, as long as your cost into the item is sufficiently low.

Leave a comment:

• John14789
    replied
    I tried $0.99 auctions and they give me the same results as BUY IT NOW auctions so why waste the time with lengthy seven day auctions. Although I will try one cent auctions on a couple of my products.

Leave a comment:

• No reserve auctions, low starting price - ARE THE TICKET!

Almost all of my auctions are no reserve, starting price a penny. SELLING LIKE GANGBUSTERS and the end price is almost always more than if I had tried any kind of buy it now.
Working...
X