Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closed account from not paying fees - chance of reinstatement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed account from not paying fees - chance of reinstatement?

I have actually 1 account that has had outstanding fees for over 6 months nowand have been getting emails on a weekly basis saying my account has been suspended over and over again.

Anyway, I called Ebay support and they claimed as soon as I pay I will be up and running within 24-48 hours as though nothing had happened.

Too good to be true?

Well it depends. Check out my story:
    http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...-modee-s-story
    especially post #3

If you did nothing other than not pay fees - and that is your only offense - then paying them, yes, will bring the account back.

But usually not paying fees is something that results in a "second order of suspension" after the first one from trust and safety. In that case, paying will just lift that second suspension order, and still leave you to deal with trust and safety.

And while trust and safety is very stupid and does not coordinate its activity with the billing department (T&S just pulls the trigger when they gather enough evidence, enough said ), they are not stupid enough to let you know...after the suspension is in effect...that they have no intention of reinstating you even if you pay the back fees.

If you owe back fees, and get a T&S suspension, when you try to get back in all T&S will tell you is...we cannot begin to examine the reinstatement issue until you have paid what you owe. And if the T&S employee has any cunning in him, he'll let on as if maybe you will be reinstated....

On a side related note...if you have an account suspended and it goes down while owing fees, or ends up owing fees after going down, check out how long EBAY takes to give you finally the "notice of suspension" for unpaid fees. It's as if one hand (T&S) has no idea what the other (billing) is doing...it can take up to six months for the account to go down for unpaid bills, long after the carcass has already rotted from the trust and safety killing.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

So, there is a time limit on how long you have to pay back the fees?

Comment

No, what I meant is that it takes Ebay a long time before they suspend an account for non-payment of fees, anywhere from three to six months, assuming you do not try any techniques to stay afloat. So if you do nothing - try nothing special, no Modee techniques, just flat out do not pay - you are shut down in three to six months.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

this doesnt really have to do with purchasing an account, but i have one that has a 77.00 fee that has been owed for a year or so with 28 positive, do you think if i pay the fees it will be reinstated or will ebay just say thanks for the money, because like everyone else on here they have gotten enough of my money and caused a great deal of stress on my livelihood, thanks

Comment

i also need to add this is one of the early 2007 accounts, never any suspensions, holds or anything from trust and safety, just fees, worth the 77.00 for a shot at a great account or not

Comment

As stated above: If you did nothing other than not pay fees - and that is your only offense - then paying them, yes, will bring the account back.

On an account inactive that long they may request some additional verifications, but nothing insurmountable.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X