Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay account Restricted - unpaid fees - what will happen? Collection Agency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay account Restricted - unpaid fees - what will happen? Collection Agency?

I have an ebay account with my sister in law. It was recently restricted with a 99.7 feedback due to seller non-performance.
    At that time they gave me one figure on the ebay fees owed, now it is $1350 higher and they cannot explain what the additional charges are for.
    I have downloaded my invoices so I can go through all the many pages to try and figure it out myself since I spent 3 hours on live chat this morning! I signed in to live chat at and was told I needed someone else to help me, so they transferred me 9 times. NO ONE could explain what the additional amount was for.
    What should I do in regards to this account and fees since I do not want my sister in laws credit messed up?
    I have the address for ebay collections and thought I would write them and include all the e-mails with the one figure referenced by an e-mail rep and then the 3 different bills received since June and ask them to prove what I owe.

Restricted Now Suspended

Interesting and expected. I just checked my e-mail account with ebay and just one hour after speaking with live chat, disagreeing with my billed amount, I am suspended.
    I plan to send a letter asking them to prove the amount the say I owe, with all 4 previous bill amounts received in just a weeks time, and including all session ID's with live chat backing my argument that they do not know what is owed anymore than I do.

Comment

Keep us posted. Thanks.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

I recently got an eBay account closed due to low DSR (one used to worry about neg feedback, but the DSR's are the new killer), i owed them a nice chunk of cash that i have not and will not pay them.

They have tried to take funds from the PP account but it was empty so tuff luck there. I get emails from eBay collections every 2nd day reminding me of the owed fees and ways in which i can pay (i tried to log into my account to tell them i would send a cheque, but could not access 'My Account' as i am no longer a registered user)! This has been going on for over 2 months now.

I have since been using the PP account for some website payment receipts. I make sure the funds are taken from PP immediately and even transfer the cash from the bank account to another bank account just incase PP try to dip in on behalf of eBay.

I am guessing at some point that eBay will try to recover the funds via the PP account? And am surprised that they haven't done it earlier?

I know I should stop using the PP account as I may get stung, but it is interesting to see how long it will go on for.

Thanks

Comment

I am about to leave ebay, how can i stick them for the fees?

Ebay has made it all but impossible for me to compete with their new top rated sellers program. My sales have dropped to about 20% of what they were before these new rules took effect.
          Anyhow i have a couple thousand in seller fees for this month that is due. I would like to leave ebay. Will I haveto pay the fees? What will happen to me? Ebay currently has all of my correct information on file. Paypal also has my correct info including my SS on file. Just wondering what will happen to me such as in the collections arena. Thanks.

Comment

I say, screw the account, screw the fees, let it go and say ***** ebay.

Start over if you need ebay/paypal to make money. Im sure modees, short list and account creation can show you how to start over.

I feel if they want to screw me out of my accounts, than I can screw them on their fees. On my 4th account, never paid ebay fees, because they suspend me all the time, usually for linked accounts, but im soon getting over that, no more linked accounts, I have a thing called a SHORT LIST from modee.

Tons of other methods online to starting over too. I figure I would get the best advice for a little pocket change than risk spending hours and hours trial and error with creating.

Originally posted by tiredofebay123 View Post
            I have an ebay account with my sister in law. It was recently restricted with a 99.7 feedback due to seller non-performance.
            At that time they gave me one figure on the ebay fees owed, now it is $1350 higher and they cannot explain what the additional charges are for.
            I have downloaded my invoices so I can go through all the many pages to try and figure it out myself since I spent 3 hours on live chat this morning! I signed in to live chat at and was told I needed someone else to help me, so they transferred me 9 times. NO ONE could explain what the additional amount was for.
            What should I do in regards to this account and fees since I do not want my sister in laws credit messed up?
            I have the address for ebay collections and thought I would write them and include all the e-mails with the one figure referenced by an e-mail rep and then the 3 different bills received since June and ask them to prove what I owe.

Comment

I personally stiff them for fees whenever I get the chance.

Comment

Also check out:
                Pay Pal Limited with negative balance - what will happen? Collection Agency? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

unpaid ebay fee after account suspension, what to expect

Ebay suspended my account for Vero violation. Ebay will not reinstate it. I don't plan to get back on Ebay and have left last ebay invoice about $100 unpaid. I don't have detail invoices, but am sure some of the charges on the final invoice are not valid as quite a few transaction were not completed due to Ebay's sudden suspension of my account.

Ebay keeps emailing me for the payment (MC197), and tags on 1.5% interest charges. It has been about two months.

What will happen next? If they don't know my SSN (not sure if on file with Paypal, but don't think ever put on Ebay file), can they report to the credit bureau and cause damage to my credit?

Comment

If you have given your SSN to either paypal or ebay then your credit can be affected. If you haven't given your SSN to either companies then your safe and can just ignore the messages ebay is sending you.
                    ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
                    Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
                    You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
                    Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
                    PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

living the good life under the radar

hi guys, thanks for the great forum,

i have a relatively simple question, but not sure if anyone knows the answer to this

STORY: well i was banned form ebay circa 2007, left me unable to pay rent and on the street for a few months...
                      anyway long story short, new address, new ip, and a "business partner" i used their (business partner's) info to set up the new account, new paypal under their SS#, thier bank account ect ect, so since late 2007 everything is going just fine so far cross fingers pray to god, (one 30 day suspension circa 2009)

but now my "business partner" is leaving to another state, and while the "Business partner" is fine continuing on business as usual... i dont trust them to have access to the bank account from half.com whilst out of my reach, i mainly sell on half (gets direct deposited to account every 15 days)

so here is the big question,

QUESTION: can i change my bank account on half.com to my business checking account, i dont know how they could link it to me except by name since everything about me has changed since last time, i dont even know if they will see my name on the account or if its required to submit my name on a business checking account when changing payment method, i could if necessary get my name legally changed would take a month or two wouldn't be a huge deal if thats whats necessary to make this work out
                      thanks for anyone's help

hmm after some searching it seems sketchy as to weather they'll see my name or not (suntrust bank) but using a business account seems like it would help

anything else anyone can think of to work around this? i could sell on amazon, but im banned their too lol 2007 as well, does paypal need a SS #? if i picked up and moved and changed my name, could i get back on amazon?
                      Last edited by hellbomber; 08-03-2010, 03:15 AM.

Comment

I owe ebay a lot of money and it isnt my fault

Hi wondering if someone can help me or give me some advice at least. A couple of months ago i sold a guitar sent it off the whole procedure and anyway buyer got it and said it was **** and looked nothing like it did in the pictures, this was a lie and the only reason i can think he done this was because he couldnt afford it, anyway i got the guitar back and it was a completely different guitar, so i contacted ebay and i refused to refund him anyway in the meantime ebay had taken his side, so after the 3 days were up they refunded him. I sent ebay several emails called them twice spoke to them on their chat console, but NOTHING! They didnt do nothing so i got on to the buyer who i didnt get one reply off, surprising! And now all it keeps on sayin it pay your resolution fees which is £430, but theres no way im going to just give in and pay that sort of money when i didnt even get the same guitar back.. Ive also been having a lot of problems with selling on there recentely. I am not going to pay this, and i know i cant just close down the account with a negative balance, is there anything i can do in terms of just leaving the account? I know theyll come after me but what can they possibly do send me a solicitors letter? Id appreciate if someone could share with me their experience if it was anything like this or someone offer me advice on what to do.
                        Thank BJA90

Comment

What they can do? NOTHING! you even can open other accoutn with different # of credit card. They are private company and they will not go after you with some claim , its not good record for them.

Comment

Ebay will go after you - if they can identify you, for unpaid balances, which is what this thread is about.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                            X