Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One IP linking mistake - you're history!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One IP linking mistake - you're history!

Just logging in ONCE with the same IP is enough to link, especially if any cookies were involved. The accounts are history, just a matter of time.

It is unclear from what you wrote whether you actually logged in. If yes, then you have your answer.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

eBay able to track previous used PC or IP before suspended?

Hello, may I ask does eBay able to detect my office's IP address which I have been using before my account got suspended (providing I quickly delete all the cookies)? At the moment I didnt use my office PC since it was suspended. Now I am only using my home PCs(Desktop & Laptop) & home internet to login into my suspended account...I only found out that I was suspended when I got home. Will eBay able to trace all the computers & IP address that I have used before suspended?

Also to be safe do I need to reinstall winXP (my Desktop) & win7 (my laptop) so that eBay cant track me? I am planning to start fresh also planing to register a new wireless internet. Please advise

Thank you so much.
    Alicia

Comment

In a word yes. Business IP ted to be static, whereas private connections tend to be dynamic, so you may have a better chance getting back on ebay from home than work.

Comment

I see...meaning I can no longer login to my new account using my office PCs since it's static IP. Ok...how about if I use my new USB wireless for my office PC...it's dynamic? Will they found out meaning after I clear my cookies? Do I need to reinstall that (office) PC?

Comment

No, you simply create a new windows user account for each of your ebay accounts. You have to use a NEW USB wireless modem for EACH and EVERY account.

The USB wireless modems do not have dynamic ip addresses.
          ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
          Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
          You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
          Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
          PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

Hello again...may I ask about this --> "The USB wireless modems do not have dynamic ip addresses"

Each time I reconnect I am getting different IP numbers...may I ask why it's considered as not dynamic?

For example I am getting 131.140.156.89. then when I reconnects again I will be getting 131.140.456.311. At least the last two sets of numbers are different and sometimes all different except the fist set numbers. I tried 10 times and I am always getting different IP address.

I am no expert in this...pls help.

Comment

The modem does not determine whether you have a static or dynamic IP address - that depends on the ISP. But, to some extent, the router can appear to give you a static IP address:

This is because some wireless routers, such as for example Apple Airport and Time Machines (which are combination routers and back up devices), tend to latch onto an IP address and not let go unless left off for a very long time (there seems to be no other easy way to make these devices "release" the IP address they have latched on to).

In other words, with some (not all) router devices even if the IP address from the ISP is changed, the WAN IP address that the world sees remains the same one locked into the router. With some routers, such as Apple Airport/Time Machine, only after unplugging the router for about a week will it release its IP address.

Incidentally, as outlined in the Short List, this is a good way to maintain two different IP addresses at home. Access internet through the router - get one IP address. Unplug the router and connect the cable modem directly to the computer - voila, another IP address. But, when you reconnect the router (unless you leave it unplugged for an extended period of time) you will find the same IP address as before - it will have latched onto it and not want to let go.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Okay so If I understand correctly, even if I get a new IP address everytime I power on/off my router it doesn't mean I have a dynamic ip ? Can Ebay track you with the WAN ip they can only with LAN ip ? I'm new to this.

Thank you

Comment

Only the WAN IP address matters. WAN is the IP address the world sees, such as when you go to a website like
                  What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

Modee Tech Support

Comment

And if I have 2 user on my Windows. The first one it used with my old banned Ebay account with my old IP address and the other one is for my new stealth ebay with a new IP. They are on the same computer, can I still use my old user (with my old IP) for Anti-virus updates/Microsoft updates or they'll be linked ? (Because I have unlimited data with my old IP and only 6GO with my new)

Thanks

Comment

How you use the separate Users for anything other than Ebay and PayPal is immaterial.

Also, if you can learn more about how all this works via the Short List, you won't need more than one user unless you plan to operate more than one Ebay/PayPal.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Okay, so it means that I can still using my banned ip on my banned user and they won't link them to my new user with my new ip (On the same computer) ?

Thanks

Comment

Why would you need to log in to a suspended account?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have a brand new laptop with a brand new IP and a brand new Ebay/paypal account. But this new IP has only 6GO of data/month so I need to create another user on the same new laptop and used it with my old IP to download larges files like Anti-Virus/Microsoft updates. My question is: Can I do that ?

Comment

You do not need to log in to your old Ebay again. Just learn how to clear the cookies and flash objects on your computer, change your IP address, be aware of the other ways that Ebay tracks you, and you're good to go!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X