Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay Tracking via pictures - reusing the same pictures / images in listings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Tracking via pictures - reusing the same pictures / images in listings?

Not generally an issue UNLESS EBAY is seriously gunning for you.

ImageShack is what I use.

I allow my images to be viewed publicly so not sure what you mean by "secure" image hosting. Anyone with the direct link can access your image.

Any pictures (hosted images) that are included in the "Description" part of the EBAY listing are free.

In my opinion, html EBAY listings are KEY to success. I've opened NEW accounts and sold items for several thousand dollars, on no reserve auctions starting at one dollar, with zero and I do mean zero feedback. These auctions often close even higher than the prices I used to get for the identical items on my account that had hundreds of 100% positive feedback!

If the listings look very professional, there is no need to waste time building up cheap feedback.

Matter of fact, which looks more suspicious - no feedback or a bunch of irrelevant, cheap feedback? People aren't stupid and know that a bunch of cheap feedback means you are trying to impress, and the usual assumption is fraud.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

I use ImageShack. No problems.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I use ImageShack for all images within my HTML listings and upload the main + gallery image for the listing directly from my machine. No problems.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I don't re-upload the images anymore. Too much work. My newest account is still going on three months using some of the EXACT SAME html auction listings from a prior (suspended) account.

So I would tend to say that images matter not, except as per the Modee Short List, if they are hosted on your own website.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I am using old pics, old listings, I am still up.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

ImageShack is what I use.

I allow my images to be viewed publicly so not sure what you mean by "secure" image hosting. Anyone with the direct link can access your image.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Any pictures (hosted images) that are included in the "Description" part of the EBAY listing are free.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

In my opinion, html EBAY listings are KEY to success. I've opened NEW accounts and sold items for several thousand dollars, on no reserve auctions starting at one dollar, with zero and I do mean zero feedback. These auctions often close even higher than the prices I used to get for the identical items on my account that had hundreds of 100% positive feedback!

If the listings look very professional, there is no need to waste time building up cheap feedback.

Matter of fact, which looks more suspicious - no feedback or a bunch of irrelevant, cheap feedback? People aren't stupid and know that a bunch of cheap feedback means you are trying to impress, and the usual assumption is fraud.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I used to reload all my imageshack images, but don't bother anymore. No problems.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I did find one thing out. With Photobucket your USER name is embedded towards the end of the direct URL for the image. This may be a bust.

But with ImageShack, see here,
                    Insider information on EBAY suspensions - how they link you - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
                    that is not the case.

So, do NOT use photobucket. Imageshack better. And when using ImageShack, always use the DIRECT LINK which offers the highest level of anonymity in the way the URL is created.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I try to mix it up whenever I have to create a new account. But lately I've determined that the issue is WHAT you sell - if you sell what they think are "high risk" goods, doesn't matter what you do you will come under high scrutiny.

And if you sell "low risk" goods, as long as you follow the basic formula we advocate here, EBAY will rarely suspend you.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I use inkfrog to list and I can have more than one ebay account within my inkfrog account. Would I be able to use the same pics that are hosted on my inkfrog account with a new ebay account? I would like to know if inkfrog changes the picture code in transit to ebay like auctiva does.

Comment

I think you are missing the point - the "picture code" is not an issue whatsoever, if what you mean by picture code is any sort of camera or scanner serial number embedded in the image. What might be an issue is using the exact same pictures, or especially, if you use hosted images, if the URL is the exact same, or if within the URL some sort of user or account name is always the same.

Put it this way: if the picture can be traced back to another listing to prove that it is identical, this can be an issue. EBAY does not use picture code (embedded serial numbers) to do this. What they do compare, is the URL of the hosted image.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Tracking via Image Hosting Site ! Take a Look !

Simple Example - Photobucket.com vs Imageshack.us - The big difference when you use multiple accounts is that when you use Photobucket the Direct HTML code which is creating for your Image which you need for your HTML Template is that it always retrieve you Photobucket user account and some time it can get in big trouble - this is What I mean :

"http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...0Ban%20Regular/2009/RB%203183%20004%209A/3189gun1P.jpg" - tititi777 is the name of your account in Photobucket - no matter what kind of albums you create in Photobucket (ll94 is the name of the album here) it will come again in the HTML Direct Link for the image after every album you named , so if you use it for multiple accounts you have to create different Photobucket accounts to seperate these photos . Now , why use Imageshack - Take a look at this

"404 Not Found" - this is a Imageshack direct image link example ( it is not active at the moment ) .There is no sign of account names in there and some sensitive information which can be used against you from eBay and IMPORTANT - if you put watermarks on every image for every account and you UPLOAD it in Imageshack - this will generate different HTML direct links , which won't be suspicious for nobody ,whether the images look alike between some of your accounts or not - They have watermarks on them + different HTML direct links ! I use ACDSee Pro to make my watermarks - takes just some little time - but maybe putting you in good position ! CHEERS GUYS !

Comment

What's the best way to display items? How do you take wonderful photo(s) of your sale items?

Junie

Comment

Working...
                              X