Changing IP address - fiber broadband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing IP address - fiber broadband

have recently changed to fibre broadband and the ip is now sticky. What solution are there. Im thinking mobile broadband or dial up. I may just change isp as its to important to me. Can anyone tell me which mobile broadband tariffs have dynamic ips? Im currently using tmobile data tethering on my phone but 2 out of every 3 disconnect is an already used ip. bugging me to no end.

Not sure if you have Time Warner Cable in your area, but that's what I use and I have yet to run into a duplicate IP. Good luck!

Comment

Just looking for advice on UK mobile dongle tariffs that use dynamic but has a big pool of ips. Im thinking three. If all else fails ill get a second line installed.

Comment

Ah yeah sorry, I didn't see your flag before. That's a good plan, otherwise you can use your smartphone to tether.

Comment

Not just IP, your log in machine MAC address also, so you also need to change your computer to login

Comment

MAC address is not an issue with Ebay. Changing your IP address with broadband, involves essentially the same techniques whether fibre or regular cable broadband (or DSL, for that matter). All of this is outlined in great detail in the Short List.
            Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
            Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by nispo316 View Post
              have recently changed to fibre broadband and the ip is now sticky. What solution are there. Im thinking mobile broadband or dial up. I may just change isp as its to important to me. Can anyone tell me which mobile broadband tariffs have dynamic ips? Im currently using tmobile data tethering on my phone but 2 out of every 3 disconnect is an already used ip. bugging me to no end.
              dial up and/or a new kind of connection is the way to go if you have a static ip

Comment

Working...
              X