Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling new products sourced from oversees on Ebay, starting home business

Hello,

I understand that you need to be careful when purchasing in bulk from oversees via sites like alibaba and others. I'm not at that point yet. My first set of questions are a bit more basic.
    1. If I'm purchasing new products in bulk, say video game consoles or cell phones, do I need to get certified by the companies who's products I'm selling? Or can I simply buy say 5 microsoft xbox one consoles, sell them and not get in trouble with microsoft.
    2. If I was to start selling new products on ebay do I need to register a business name with my local government or create an llc or anything like this?
    3. Basically I would like to start selling products on ebay and not start getting phone calls and legal documents sent to me

I'm currently selling much of my old used items on ebay and have some about 2000 in profits from the last 2 months and I'm realizing that this could be a viable option for me and making a meaningful income, and I'm hoping someone could help push me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Ebay doesn't care so much about sales of used items. When you try to sell quantities of anything new, Ebay will step in and stop you unless you list everything right.
    Public information about Ebay, PayPal and Amazon is generally useless - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

You mention selling items purchased in bulk from overseas - generally that is a surrogate word for COUNTERFEIT. In any case when you start selling such goods

You'll need tech support to learn how to sell your goods on Eebay properly, counterfeit or not, and not get shut down.

At a minimum, what you need is my VERO tech support. Selling VERO is illegal. The VERO guide/ tech support protects you to the highest extent possible from the issues of having listings pulled, accounts suspended and getting sued for trademark and patent infringement. There is no sure fire prevention for being criminally prosecuted, but if you follow the guide you will fly under the radar to the best extent possible. No one should sell VERO without getting the VERO guide. The potential penalties are simply too great.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

So its not possible to get legitimate products on sites like Alibaba? If not then how are people selling them eBay? Where are they getting their products from?

Comment

You ask questions for which you need tech support, but the simple answer is NOTHING sold on AliBaba or similar sites is genuine.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X