Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences

I make such reports to EBAY for sellers who "pull their auctions" just because they don't like the closing prices.

ALSO:
    badcustomer.com

This site allows you to register for free, and then submit the information of any customer who did a chargeback on you, or some kind of unethical return. Once in this database, any member will be able to view the bad customer's data, and the customer will have to make things right with you to get out of the database.

It is free to register and submit data. Do it, NOW!

*** Update BadCustomer.com has ceased to exist. But this thread at Modeeworld remains - post your bad buyers at the end of this thread to warn others.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Whenever a buyer cancels a bid on my auctions, I take a look to see why. If it was just because the buyer got greedy cold feet and decided to retract a perfectly good bid for no reason...I block him for life! These types tend to be troublemakers and I want no part of them.

Today one wrote to me and asked why his bid was just blocked on a new auction of mine. I responded, "You bid on one of our auctions with what was a perfectly good bid – and then cancelled it for no valid reason we could see. When that happens, we block you from ever bidding again on our auctions. Sorry."

Modee Tech Support

Comment

So I had this one French buyer who basically lied and claimed he had not bid on my auction - said he had not placed the single bid for $400. on my auction and that someone else had done it. I wrote back and told him that he had not placed one bid, but two (and none for $400. - you're going to lie, at least get your story straight!), for $500. and $999. and that his narrative made no sense.

So he just sent me a couple of snide emails and finally this:

what do you mean when you said : " I am an attorney (avocat)" and
      if you do not complete your obligation, I will take action." ???

Do you think i can trust this and i am afraid of you or about your crazy thing ?

I told you, it wasn't me i put this price so, get away and see the other best bidder

I did actually try the second offer deal, but the second best buyer didn't bite.

I then noticed that his feedback had several negatives and the word "sarcastique" laced throughout.

So I just waited, laid out the unpaid item strike, he never responded, and eight days later gave him his strike. I guess it was the straw that broke him because next thing I know he's not a registered EBAYer, and now he's singing a whole different tune, sends me this:

Bonjour,

je suis l'enchérisseur du compte ebay :
      "__________".

Je constate à ce jour que l'objet remportés dont vous trouverez la référence ci-dessous :

Title: ___________
      Item #: 12030118XXXX
      Start Date: 9/2/2008 ______ PM
      End Date: 9/7/2008 ______ PM
      Seller: ________ (_______@_____.net)

N'a pas été réglé certes car : soit je n'étais pas d'accord sur le principe de votre vente, soit malgré respect des consugnes ebay je n'ai pas pu payer l'objet du fait d'être en situation financière précaire.

Donc ayant rencontré des difficultés pour payer votre objet, je vous contact directement
      pour essayer de trouver un arrangement. On est pas dans un monde de brute !
      On est des humains pas des animaux.

Vous m'avez attribué un avertissement résultant surement d'un malentendu entre nous 2.
      Je reprends contact aujourd'hui après plusieurs mois d'absence où j'étais hospitalisé afin d'essayer de résoudre ce différend en retirant votre litige ou différend contre moi.

Je souhaite ainsi trouver un arrangement avec vous, vendeur et vous
      remercie de votre coopération.

Cordialement,

So I wrote him:

Bonjour. Je ne sais pas ce que vous voulez de moi? J'ai reçu quelques email de vous comme suit :

what do you mean when you said : " I am an attorney (avocat)" and
      if you do not complete your obligation, I will take action." ???

<<Do you think i can trust this and i am afraid of you or about your crazy thing ?

I told you, it wasn't me i put this price so, get away and see the other best bidder>>

Et maintenant vous dites que vous étiez dans l'hôpital. Avant que vous ayez dit vous n'avez pas offert du tout. Je ne sais pas quoi penser.

Quoi qu'il en soit, que suggérez-vous ?

-____

Anyway, see what he says.

Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you. -COOL HAND LUKE

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Now he writes:

Oh my god !!!

Je veux seulement m'arranger avec vous.
        I want just to resolve this problème with you.

Like friends !!!
        Just if you can suspend your auction, and if it's possible. I get out from hospital yes, because i have a cancer alopecia areta.

So if you don't want this sort of deal, please let me one chance to buy it at 400$ included taxe ...

thank you very much

Okay so now he wants me to sell an item that has never closed much under a K for $400.

Suspend what? The auction ended two weeks or more ago.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Buyer pays for an item on Day One. I ship on Day Two (day after payment made). Day Three buyer emails me:

When will this item be shipping to me?

I'm feeling ornery, and fed up with people who email me about where some cheapie item is two days after they pay for it, so I write back:

lol you just paid, what, two days ago?

Anyway – it already shipped don’t worry. And the system emails you when it does ship.

Cheers,

Then on Day Four I get this from (female) buyer:

You are very rude...... lol????? I will never buy from you again and I will definately going to leave some BAD feedback. Learn some custumer service.

and this as well emailed seconds later:

And by the way, I did not get an email saying that this item has shipped.

Once again you are very rude and immature!

By now I am thinking, well you know, it's a h. of a lot of work to get her feedback removed if she leaves a bad one, and to get her suspended, so I decide to grovel and write this:

I apologize if what I wrote was rude, how was it rude?

Your email seemed very demanding to me:

When will this item be shipping to me?

Not:
          Could you please let me know when this was shipped? Thank you.
          or even
          Has this item shipped yet?

No
          Thank You.

No
          Please

Anyway, I think you will be happy because we shipped INSTANTLY as soon as you paid and what more could we do than that? Also you got this item for well below retail. If that doesn’t make you happy, please just return the item when you get it I will DOUBLE your money and PAY YOU. Maybe that will make you happy.

Please check your Yahoo SPAM folder or BULK email folder; I guarantee the shipment notification is there.

We ship hundreds of items each week.

Perhaps we just got off on the wrong foot and again I apologize. You will find the item in your mailbox by tomorrow I predict if it is not already there we shipped days ago.

Cheers,

Then I do some checking find out the item was delivered on Day Four, the same day she sent her two emails rife with misspellings. What does she want? She pays, the item is in her hands two days later? Not good enough?

She still writes back:

You are a piece of work. I will never buy anything from you ever again and I'll spead the word that you are very rude.

I've already blocked her. I just send one last email, and have USPS email her direct confirmation of delivery:

I apologized, and also the item was already delivered lightning fast.

Now if I get a NEG from this _______, I'm going over there and stringing up her puppies with piano wire. Some people, you just can't reach. Who knows, maybe some housewife with a bottle of Popov vodka dangling from her mouth. She'll take two qualuudes and love me again in the morning.

Just proves, you're better off not even responding to most buyers when they ask questions on EBAY.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I get emails like these occasionally, and I usually can't help but mess with them a little. This is the first one that blew up in my face. The other times people would write back, oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to be so demanding.

No NEGative yet though....but we're only on Day Five.....

If she doesn't leave a NEG I better leave a Note to myself never to ask her for feedback. That could push her over the edge.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Latest from this buyer, All is well!

Thank you for your apology. I did receive the ________ and I appreciate you sending it so quickly. Of course I will not leave any negative feedback and wish you luck in you ebay selling future.

Sincerely,

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Whenever a buyer cancels a bid on my auctions, I take a look to see why. If it was just because the buyer got greedy cold feet and decided to retract a perfectly good bid for no reason...I block him for life! These types tend to be troublemakers and I want no part of them.

Today one wrote to me and asked why his bid was just blocked on a new auction of mine. I responded, "You bid on one of our auctions with what was a perfectly good bid – and then cancelled it for no valid reason we could see. When that happens, we block you from ever bidding again on our auctions. Sorry."

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I agree...

I have to agree with Modee. I suspend most deadbeat bidder too. I just don't have the patience for watsed time or money.

Thanks,
                  Sevn
                  Buy and sell on the world's most socially driven marketplace | Storenvy
                  ***Work in progress website.***

Comment

I am almost to the point of a new philosophy: when buyers ask questions (especially petty ones), I just block them right off the bat.

You know, questions like: "Why do I have to pay sales tax, is this something new?" or "Can you just ship everything together and not charge me so much shipping?" etc. etc.

These types are the ones that even if they give you a + feedback will tag your DSRs. Who needs them?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hey Guys - Since ebay changed there feedback policies non paying bidders have become a real joke - they know there is nothing we as sellers can do to them so they could care less.

I sell mostly higher end items so it really costs me a lot of time and money - other thing is 0 feedback buyers who just registered the day they are bidding!

Comment

Really true. Really bothersome.

For example this one buyer I sold a certain item to, and I was shipping so many items that day, I shipped him the wrong item! I shipped him a much more expensive version of the item. At first he complained, but when he realized what had happened, BOY was he happy...and, he got very quiet.

So now of course I am stuck. He owes me some money but he is overseas and not much I can do. I opened a "Non paying bidder,"
                        Non-paying buyer disputes as a way to block feedback - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
                        but just like you say...since he responded with some garbage I can't even prevent him from giving me a negative.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Non Paying Bidder Procedure

You brought up another idiotic thing about ebay - their "non paying bidder" policy.

First, I need to wait a week after the auction ends to file the dispute, then, wait another week for the buyer not to respond (so now it's been around 3 weeks since I originally listed the item) then I can log in and request the "final value fee" credit.

Great - what about the $20 - $30 in listing extra's (feature plus, bold, blah, blah, blah) that the ad cost that I am now out! Not to mention now it's 3 weeks later and another week for the new auction to run!

I know a lot of sellers don't even bother to file the non-paying bidder disputes and waste their time - pure profit to ebay.

Comment

I agree with mrstealth.

It is such a pain to process them, it's almost not worth it. I still go in there and file my disputes, but I has become a real chore the past few months.

I generally just block deadbeat bidders for future auctions, but that doesn't really help... They will just open another account. Most of them are new accounts anyways.

Comment

Just got a neutral from some bozo in Australia who felt that I charged too much for S&H&P. He emailed me first, signed the letter "Cheers" and I gave him a :cheerful: explanation, but he gave me a neutral anyway. Grr.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X