Payments from overseas buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payments from overseas buyers

Lately even PayPal allows seller protection if you ship in a way that is online trackable, and if the item is valued at over $250., online trackable with signature confirmation, anywhere in the world, to almost any address the buyer gives.

Previously, at least PayPal would allow Seller protection for U.S. PayPalers only if we shipped to a CONFIRMED address in the U.S., Canada or U.K.

NOW, with PayPal, we sellers can get payment protection when we ship to almost ANY country, even when the address is UNCONFIRMED. With payment processors like Google Checkout, we were always able to get this kind of protection.

Note: the term CONFIRMED means that the billing address for the credit card or PayPal account matches the shipping address. UNCONFIRMED means that there was no match between the credit card or PayPal billing address and shipping address.

Now with overseas buyers, on higher ticket items, I notify bidders in the auction listing that I reserve the right to ask for bank wire or international money order payment. On very high ticket items ($1000. or more) I put down that I absolutely will not accept credit cards or PayPal, but bank wire ONLY from out of U.S. buyers. This avoids problems, and lets people know where they stand.

The fact of the matter is - when it comes to shipping overseas the only way to get an online trackable, let alone signature confirmation, is to ship using rather expensive methods, such as USPS express mail, FEDEX, DHL courier, etc. SO, unless the buyer is willing to take on all that extra expense, you're better off having him pay for bank wire, or mail you a money order.

KEEP IN MIND THOUGH:
    Bank Wires, checks, money orders - allowed only in certain categories on EBAY now - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    that bank wires, checks, money orders are starting to be accepted in certain EBAY categories only, primarily in Ebay Motors, business and industrial equipment, and adult listings:
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support
Working...
X