Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advantages to being a PowerSeller? Being Powerseller protects from Ebay suspensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages to being a PowerSeller? Being Powerseller protects from Ebay suspensions?

Hi,

As a Power Seller are you less likely to hit a PayPal suspension or doesn't it make a difference?

Are you an established Power Seller, with a established & linked PayPal account?

Generally; limited PayPal accounts happen when you start selling too fast right out the gate, start selling higher priced items than normal very rapidly, hit your yearly selling threshold, or an eBay referral. Although they aren't legally suppose to share your info between the two companies, we are aware that they do.

Please further explain your specific situation, and we can better assist you with your problem.

Thanks,

Comment

You might recall this guy's story
      Reasons why EBAY sellers get suspended - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
      basically he is claiming that MOST Power Sellers have been suspended! I am not sure where he gets his data - he is a powerseller and obviously he was suspended.

Then if you read my story
      Modee's Story - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
      you will note that my Power Seller certificate arrived in the mail around the same time I was suspended for good!

I have documented suspensions for many clients over the past two years. I think being a Power Seller does give you some protection for CERTAIN types of lower level suspensions, but for most suspensions (some of which I outline here:
      MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
      )
      being a Power Seller will not save you.

The proof that Trust and Safety (the entity that pulls the trigger) does not coordinate activity with the business end of EBAY (such as the EBAY PowerSeller Team), is that T&S will constantly suspend EBAYers right before fees were due or about to be paid. If T&S had any sense, or coordinated activity with the business end, they would at least hold off on what they do until the due date for fees passed.

About the only consideration I have found is that LATELY on PowerSellers, when T&S is about to pull the trigger (or already has), someone from EBAY does make a phone call to let the PowerSeller know that his account has been suspended, and even explain why. This is a new policy, and does show a small level of customer service. Does not mean you the PS will be able to talk your way out of anything, but it beats the usual generic "abusing EBAY" email that tells you nothing.

I know you mention the word "PayPal" suspension but nowadays it is all one and the same. EBAY and PayPal regularly switch enforcement roles for which one takes you down for the same activity.

The one difference is that PayPal is the only one who will limit you SOLELY for high volume. Once you run enough money through your PayPal account, unless it has been properly and solidly created, it WILL (not may, will) get limited until you can provide some verifying information including, in the U.S., social security number. So PayPal usually limits you just because you sell too much, Power Seller or not.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

hi,

yes i have an account with power seller status and is still up and running with paypal also open.

i have upped the level of my listings because of this and am now thinking that that is a bad idea?

will it be a good idea just to stop listing for a week and then start again? this will give time for feedback to come in and may strengthen my account further?

thanks.

Comment

Hi people!!

Hiya all of youz!..
          How are yaz doing?

Comment

I am just saying that being a PS will NOT immunize you from suspensions.

You should use the same techniques of good judgment and increasing sales volume slowly on a PS account, as on any EBAY account.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Advantages to being a PowerSeller?

There is one I am aware of for certain - EBAY responds to your messages much faster, and takes requested actions faster. On one of my PowerSeller accounts, I requested a feedback removal via Modee techniques and it was handled in short order - a matter of hours actually.

And then on my non-PowerSeller account, same request - yes they did handle it, eventually, but not until about a week had passed.

So, evidently, messages and requests from PowerSellers ARE expedited, at least in terms of response time.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

ps status give nothing!!!!
                i have ps acount, no neg feedbacks at all, no dropshipping, no brands!
                and i'm restricted!!!
                may be they have different way to deal with us sellers - but i just do not get any answers from them...

Comment

Working...
                X