Ebay seller request to cancel transaction after my PayPal payment reversed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay seller request to cancel transaction after my PayPal payment reversed

Hi, i won an item at ebay before and alrdy make the payment. Then before the seller ship the item, my paypal account get limited and under investigation. The seller still ship the item and i had received it. I think maybe paypal request him to ship the item to prove the transaction.

But after i received the item, my payment to the seller had reverse by paypal themself and paypal decide to close my account and put in 180 days limitation. And soon at ebay the seller had open a case to request to cancel this transaction, reason is no write at the page...and i also no receive any email from the seller regarding this case.

Ship back the item will cause a big hole in my wallet. I am wondering whether to accept seller's request to cancel this transaction or not. Should i ask the seller to claim the payment from my limited paypal account? But i think maybe no chance for him to claim for himself since is paypal reverse the payment to him. OR can i just accept the request to cancel transaction and pay to him with another paypal account? But i worry that the another paypal account will get limited too...Pls advice me on this.

You might want to review these two threads as well:
    Buyer opened a dispute and still has the product - PayPal may reverse payment - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

PayPal Chargeback where the buyer withdraws the complaint - crooked PayPal! - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

It is unethical to accept the item from the seller and not pay him. Ask him if he will accept some other form of payment. As far as cancelling the transaction, if you do not agree, he will proceed with the unpaid item dispute and get the fees back anyway, or complain to EBAY that your payment was reversed, and have them manually reverse the listing fees. In either case it will make your Ebay status look bad and get your EBay suspended (assuming it has not already been shut down).

In most cases where your PP is permanently limited, your Ebay will be suspended too, but here if you are lucky enough to still have the Ebay intact, it wuld be best to preserve the EBAY by not appearing like a bad buyer. I am guessing that your PP was limited due to outside of Ebay transactions? Because if the limitation had to do with Ebay sales I don't see how your Ebay could still be intact. Can you Ebay still sell items? Is it a seller's account?
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the advice. The seller does not send any email to me to discuss about other payment method except at ebay he sent the request to cancel the transaction. I think my paypal account was limited due to other reason, because i never make transaction outside ebay. I had check the paypal transaction just after i found my account is limited, the transaction with the ebay seller show that his account is Non US-unverified, then few days after my account limited, i check again the transaction with him, it show he is verified now. So i guess maybe i am the bad luck people to deal with him...so far many time i had deal with other online shopping agents with no problem at all.

My ebay account had get suspended two months ago because unverify status, successfully reinstate after i submit document with my real name and address...well i also doubt their company of their online business ability because of not accept verification document through email or online uploading method, but only through fax and post the physical mail which cause me lot troubles to send it.

My account at ebay is used to buy things only and has about 20+ feedback which all come from feedback of other ebay sellers. So it is not a seller account and i also no plan to do selling at future but purchasing only...This ebay account has my real name and address, but it link to one of my old and unverified paypal account which i no use it anymore. This old paypal account also register to other name and address, but sometime i change the postage address of this old account to my real address, because some sellers only ship to paypal address.

I not use this old abandoned paypal account to make the payment to this ebay seller, but current verified paypal account which now already limited maybe due to this transaction. I also no link this limited paypal account to ebay before. But this limited paypal account has my real address and part of my real name (well you know some eastern people like to add western name in their name), and thus i get last email from paypal after i try negotiate with them. It state that paypal is suspecting i had duplicated account with another email address, so they could not talk much about that account since i am not contacting by them via my registered email on my duplicated account. And more ridiculous is in email they ask me to cooperate to resolve the suspicious account balance payment investigation as soon as possible, but in fact all my cases pending before had already force to close and all my payment had been reverse, and i also receive another email at the same time mean that their decision to close my account is final...Later on i login to the email of my old and abandoned paypal account to check it, but i no receive any email from paypal, so i doubt they really make the investigation to my old account or they just wait me to confess that i had duplicate abandoned account...I had direct phone call to Singapore paypal cs regarding to reinstate my account, but they are same stone brain like cs in webform...same template and automated reply.

Comment

The crux of what you write is that this account is used for buying only. Ebay is more lenient with buyer's accounts, so you might not lose it. I would just go ahead and agree to cancel the transaction, why not? Then Ebay cannot claim you never paid for the item - after all there is no transaction; it was canceled.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X