Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay new discounts for powersellers, BUT ALSO new requirements / policies for ALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay new discounts for powersellers, BUT ALSO new requirements / policies for ALL

We've discussed:
    Advantages to being a PowerSeller? Being Powerseller protects from Ebay suspensions? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

but, there are at least two definite advantages to being a PowerSeller:

1. Buyers tend to trust PowerSellers.
    2. PowerSellers get discounts on EBAY fees (assuming you pay your fees :-)

The latest from EBAY:

Dear _____,

We're making some exciting changes to make trading on eBay faster, easier, and more rewarding for sellers that deliver great service and quality.

New eBay Top-rated seller status
    Beginning in October, sellers that meet the new PowerSeller program requirements and have an excellent track record with buyers (measured by very few low--1s and 2s--detailed seller ratings) will get fee discounts, increased visibility for their listings, and a new Top-rated seller badge that will replace the current PowerSeller icon on view item and other member profile pages.

The sales dollar volume requirement for the PowerSeller program and the new Top-rated seller status will also be lowered to include more sellers. That means lower volume sellers that create great buyer experiences will be recognized and rewarded right along with the "big guys." Remember, you can list 5 items for free every thirty days--and pay only if your item sells. If you use your free Auction-style listings each month, you'll be more than half way to meeting the new lower listing threshold and could have the potential for becoming an eBay Top-rated seller and PowerSeller!

Enhanced search presents more relevant listings
    As always, Auction-style listings will continue to get a boost in search results as they are about to end. But now, Fixed Price listings with a high ratio of sales when viewed by buyers will also get a boost. Essentially, buyers will "vote" on an item's relevance with their dollars, so it's more important than ever to create a compelling, accurate title and description for your item.

In addition, a number of listing features (including Border and Highlight) will be discontinued in order to streamline the appearance of search results and help buyers find the right items more quickly. Starting September 1, we'll also be selecting some members' photos for inclusion in the eBay product catalog. If your photo is chosen, you'll get attribution to your User ID and a link to your My World page under your photo on the product page. You can opt out of having your photos selected through My eBay.

Easier, more profitable selling
    There are many other updates coming to help you sell on eBay, including simpler ways to communicate through My Messages, more flexibility in shipping (including printing postage and labels right on eBay), faster resolution in the event of an unpaid item and a free Selling Manager tool built into My eBay.

For complete details on all of the upcoming changes, please visit
    eBay Seller Update: July 2009

Thank you for buying and selling on eBay--and happy trading!

Essentially, PowerSellers who bend over backwards for their buyers, will be rewarded. But also apparently, sellers will have to meet more requirements in order to avoid getting the axe.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Specific email sent to PowerSellers

As we announced in April, in the spirit of partnership, eBay is consolidating changes into two or three major releases a year, with at least a two-month advance notice for sellers. Here's an overview of the second and final major release of 2009. Most of these updates will launch between September 22 and October 1.

Especially important for you as a PowerSeller--over the coming months we will be making some changes to the PowerSeller program requirements, and providing the highest rewards to Power Sellers of all sizes who consistently provide great service to their customers.

The focus of all the updates in this release is to reward great service, bring you more sales, increase your profitability, and help you succeed.

Rewards for sellers delivering great buyer experiences

Changes to the PowerSeller program
    - New eBay Top-rated seller status coming in October
    - Highest discounts and rewards go to Top-rated sellers
    - PowerSellers at all levels can qualify
    - Current PowerSeller discount structure continues until April 1, 2010
    - New PowerSeller requirements and discount structure coming in April 2010

New way to look at DSRs
    - Avoid low DSRs (1s and 2s)
    - Only domestic DSRs count
    - Updates to Seller Dashboard to monitor your status

New minimum standards for all sellers
    - New minimum standard for all eBay sellers
    - New Selling Practices policy
    - Buyer charges for shipping insurance no longer allowed.

Enhanced search presents more relevant listings

Updates to Best Match sort order
    - Changing title or price no longer resets recent sales (starting now)
    - Best Match considers impressions (end of September)
    - Single quantity and newly listed items get impressions upfront (end of September)
    - Auction-style listings still get a boost as they are about to end
    - New Search Visibility tool to evaluate your listings' performance (end of September)

Other search updates
    - BIN price for Auction-style must be at least 10% higher than auction start price
    - Some listing features to be discontinued
    - Featured First for Top-rated sellers only
    - Product pages rolling out to more buyers; list with product details
    - Shared product pictures can give you exposure or you can opt out by September

Easier, more profitable selling on eBay

Streamlined dispute process
    - Unpaid items: time to recourse cut in half
    - New automated option blocks negative buyer feedback
    - eBay dispute resolution for buyer claims expanded

Streamlined buyer communications
    - My Messages updates: see the whole thread
    - More options for responding to buyers
    - User identity kept anonymous until transaction complete
    - Post-transaction emails streamlined

Shipping updates
    - More control over international ship-to locations
    - Only domestic DSRs count
    - Upload tracking information for more carriers

Editing listings made easy
    - Now update multi-quantity listings with a sale
    - Make bulk edits to more fields and listing descriptions

New ways to boost efficiency
    - New Selling Manager Applications--try them free!
    - Category and Item Specifics changes consolidated with the rest of updates
    - Stores subscribers can now put all Fixed Price listings on vacation

Modee Tech Support

Comment

More details on all these coming changes at EBAY:
      eBay Seller Update: July 2009

Modee Tech Support

Comment

yeah, looks like it's gonna get tougher. i got a warning about DSR performance and was told to improve during the next month to avoid the chop. i unfortunately got screwed with a load of items being trapped in customs for 2 weeks, and although they all got through many customers weren't happy and have pretty much closed that account for me with low DSR ratings. thankfully i've had 7 months of solid selling without even a word from eBay or PP so i'm happy enough to let the account go to the dogs.

i could understand if my feedback % had slipped to a questionable figure, but to let a PowerSeller account go with 800+ FB at 98.8% seems harsh. the DSR is simply unfair.

i actually owe a lot in seller fees this month and will not pay as my account is about to go under. the question is if i do not pay my fees will ebay go looking for my other accounts to try and link me??

Comment

Yes, if you leave an EBAY account unpaid and in the red, or walk away from a PayPal account in the red, EBAY and PP will go to more extraordinary measures to try and "get" you.

Keep this in mind as far as trying to raise feedback and DSRs:
          Requesting feedback, five star DSR from your EBAY buyers - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Optional buyer charges for shipping insurance removed

Sellers on eBay.com can no longer offer shipping insurance as an optional fee to buyers. You must either include it in your item's price or as a shipping and handling fee
            Seller Update: April 2009: FAQs

Modee Tech Support

Comment

New requirements for Power Sellers

On April 20, 2010, the requirements for the "Above Standard" rating will become stricter:

Allowable low ratings (defined as 1s and 2s from buyers in your own country - ratings from buyers outside of your own country USUALLY do not count - depending on what country you are in)

Item as Described: 1.00% or (3) by count
              Communication: 2.00% or (3) by count
              Shipping Time: 2.00% or (3) by count
              Shipping and Handling charges: 2.00% or (3) by count

This is roughly twice as strict as the existing criteria.

If you drop below these - you will not even be allowed to be a Power Seller, PERIOD! So to be a PS you must at least have "Above Standard" ratings.

The overall requirements for these categories will also become stricter (moving up from the prior 4.5 requirement):

Item as Described: 4.60
              Communication: 4.60
              Shipping Time: 4.60
              Shipping and Handling charges: 4.60

See also:
              Low detailed seller ratings? Low DSR - What to do? How to raise DSRs - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X