Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay Id Verification - is it worth the trouble? How do I get ID verified anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Id Verification - is it worth the trouble? How do I get ID verified anyway?

Is the id verification worth the 5$ if your selling a lot of stuff or I should opt this one if I have no plans of paying my ebay fees? What are the pros and cons of being id verified?

There are three different ways to get ID verified on an EBAY account:

1 - Is through the way you mention - pay the $5. and provide some sort of verifiable identification information. This is the Official EBay ID Verify process. This involves Ebay's running a "soft credit check" on you, and your confirming that certain items appear, or do not appear on your credit profile.
    If you have ever bought a high dollar gift card online, or signed up for certain cellular phones or online credit cards, you might have already gone through this sort of verification. The system asks you, for example: "Which of the following is your home loan company" or "With which of the following companies did you have a car loan" etc. etc. Interestingly, generally the correct answer to each question is "None of the above." :-)

To run the check, you must provide an address that corresponds with the address on your credit profile, which is usually your home address.

By the way - if you are a "ghost" and have no credit, this verification will not even work for you.

For most of us, this sort if ID verify is both untenable and superfluous. Not available for obvious reasons - our accounts are generally opened in other than our own names, so becoming ID verified is not an option for us. And unnecessary because we are already ID verified by providing a credit card to EBAY or attaching a verified PayPal account.

2 - Which brings me to another other way to get EBAY "ID verified" - which is, as noted above, simply to add a credit card to your EBAY account
    http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...-ebay-accounts
    or to add a confirmed PayPal account to the account, or both.

3 - A third way to get "ID verified" is to provide an ID, such as via FAX, AFTER getting suspended. Of course, this matters only if you get reinstated. Once you have been suspended and reinstated in this manner, you are ID verified.
    The EBAY stealth accounts that have been suspended, ID verified and then reinstated are some of the most solid ones out there, and I sell such accounts for vast sums of money. Such accounts tend to almost never get taken down again, IF they have been created and ID verified properly.

Since you may not even sell on EBAY without becoming verified through one of the above ways, avoiding some sort of verification is not an option. You must satisfy the EBAY system one way or another.

Now, is it beneficial to ID verify via (1) even after becoming verified through option (2) above? No, not really - except that this will eliminate your chances of getting suspended solely because they want to know who you really are. Obviously (1) is the most solid form of ID verification, followed closely by (3) (Ebay considers a FAXed copy of a government ID to be solid proof of identity.)

But I have some EBAY accounts of my own that have done nothing more than (2), are authorized for merchant account only (NO PayPal) status, and they are selling like gangbusters - no problems.

So, in the end, it all comes down to PROPER ACCOUNT CREATION.

And I caution people - any system that advises giving random, false information for your accounts is destined to failure. You can bet that anyone who advises making up random information for your new accounts knows NOTHING about Ebay and has not created new accounts in a very long time. The CORRECT way to create accounts involves a much more sophisticated methodology.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

if i choose to pay the 5$ fee, would there be an advantage than a stealth account?

Would it be less chance of getting down by ebay if I have the ID verified icon or same thing if I choose to get verified using paypal or credit card.

Comment

It's as I stated above. Is it beneficial to ID verify via (1) even after becoming verified through option (2) above? No, not really - except that this will eliminate your chances of getting suspended solely because they want to know who you really are. Obviously (1) is the most solid form of ID verification, followed closely by (3) (Ebay considers a FAXed copy of a government ID to be solid proof of identity.)

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Keep in mind as noted above that: EBAY accounts that have been suspended and then reinstated (FAX in copy of ID) solely for identity verification (not for other violations, not for sale of high risk items) tend to be very solid and last a long time.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

why is it better?

Originally posted by Modee View Post
            Keep in mind as noted above that: EBAY accounts that have been suspended and then reinstated (FAX in copy of ID) solely for identity verification (not for other violations, not for sale of high risk items) tend to be very solid and last a long time.
            why is it better? you can get suspended again right?

Comment

Just one of the amazing but true mysteries of EBAY.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X