Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PowerSellers can Soon be "Ebay Top-rated seller" - Top-Rated Sellers need not be PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerSellers can Soon be "Ebay Top-rated seller" - Top-Rated Sellers need not be PS

Coming soon: the ability to be a sort of "baby" Power Seller. Not quite all the benefits of being a Silver or higher PowerSeller, but not quite all the requirements either.

eBay Seller Update: July 2009

Be a Top-rated seller

Do you qualify as an eBay Top-rated seller? This new status is coming at the beginning of October 2009, and will focus squarely on quality, rewarding those PowerSellers creating the best buyer experiences. In fact, we're lowering the annual sales requirement for PowerSellers to $3,000 with 100 annual transactions to allow smaller sellers to qualify to be an eBay Top-rated seller in October. As an eBay Top-rated seller, you'll earn top rewards--20% Final Value Fee discounts, increased visibility in search results for Fixed Price listings, a prominent Top-rated seller badge on your item pages and more.

On the other hand, now all PowerSellers can be "Top Rated Sellers." But not all Top Rated sellers can be PowerSellers. Hmm, sounds like a proposition in Wittgenstein.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Ebay Top-Rated Seller status - what does it mean? How do I achieve it?

Figuring out whether or not a given seller will qualify as a "top-rated seller" is maddening. There are more than a few variables.

eBay Seller Update: July 2009

But basically, as long as you are in compliance with the selling policies, the rule of thumb is to
    -maintain your powerseller or equivalent sales status
    -avoid 1 and 2 DSRs

Sounds simple - in principle, but in reality how do you keep sometimes impossible to satisfy buyers from leaving you low DSRs? Well, we do have some suggestions here
    Low detailed seller ratings? Low DSR - What to do? How to raise DSRs - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    but even I, with 100% positive feedback occasionally get dinged by some irritant who lays a onesey or twosey on me.

Keep in mind that under the new policy only domestic (within your own country) DSRs are calculated - not DSRs from international transactions.

But basically, this all comes down to a trade off as to whether it is more important to maintain all these supposed incentives and "rewards," or to just handle your business and do things like, make a little money off S&H&P (like every other business in the world).

This is a topic that needs more in depth analysis.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

ebay is not giving me top rated seller status even though i meet all requirements

my ebay store was shut down on the 7th of last month for shill bidding that i did not do.i emailed ebay and within 48 hours they put my store back up.but i lost all 976 listings. even though they agree that i did not break any rules and was not shill bidding.however they still have a polcy violation on my account.they say it is not really there it is just cosmetic but they have not given my the "top rated seller badge first they said i would be invited on the 11th.when i saw thay others already got it i emlaied again to ask if that violation that they did not remove was the problem.they said not it was not and i would be invited on the 11th and i had to accept by the 18th or i would not get it.today they said because the violation is still there that is why i did not get an invite.but that they would be sending me one on the 18th.evry time i talk to someone at ebay they say something differnt.they all agree that i did nothing wrong and that they are sorry i had to re create all my listings but they can not give me the top rated seller untill the 18th.so what do i do?i have talked to 4 people one superviser and everyone says something differnt.the sellers that sell the same stuff as i are now top rated seller.but i for not fault of my own am still not and they will not let me talk to anyone that can help.they just tell me i will be invited first on the 1st then on the 11th and now on the 18th what can i do?????

thay have cost me alot of money and there is not end in sight.i feel used and i need help.
      thanks jeff

Comment

First of all, you can still get a 20% discount on fees (which is the maximum discount level) and not even be a "top-rated seller." What's in a name anyway?

But if it is important for you to get your top-rated status, which I agree - you deserve - then writing over and over to EBAY is probably not the best way to accomplish that.
        Complain to Trust and Safety and EBAY employees if suspended? - how to get reinstated - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Contact me for tech support.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

so what do i do? how do i get them to remove a violation that they agree i did not do?
          thanks is the only resion i have not gotten my top rated seller .everyone tells me something different then the last guy.what can i do?

Comment

Please send me a private message (PM).

Modee Tech Support

Comment

How can I see my seller Dashboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post

Keep in mind that under the new policy only domestic (within your own country) DSRs are calculated - not DSRs from international transactions.

That means my DSR will never be counted. I am a Sri Lankan.
                All my buyers are International buyers.

Comment

Well this is the policy in the U.S. - only domestic DSRs matter.

You can tell us if this is the policy in your country. Is it?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                  X