Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERO listings, VERO sellers of counterfeit (generic) hard drives, never delivered, can't get a PayPal refund?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERO listings, VERO sellers of counterfeit (generic) hard drives, never delivered, can't get a PayPal refund?!

I noticed some strange similarities between some sellers I ordered from and that five orders I placed looked suspicious to me
    The more I looked at everything the more sure I was

So I sent details and screen caps to PayPal abuse and clicked report listing / listing practices / fraud on each eBay listing

PayPal wrote back saying they couldn't find an issue

The next day eBay under purchase history all of the listings say they had to be removed and all of the accounts are no longer registered

I opened cases for each on eBay
    I went into PayPal and somehow managed to dispute all 5 at once it all got combined
    So then I get 5 case has been closed e mails from eBay

Then today PayPal responded by sending five "oh well" e mails and in the resolution center on PayPal it now says CLOSED

Am I to understand that I cannot do ANYTHING now? They're just going to let them steal all of that money from me?! After all of the half *** dim witted RIDICULOUS REASONS I've been ROBBED BY BUYERS the one time I actually have a REAL CLAIM . . Of course.....
    Does anyone know if anything can be done here?

PS: I don't know why it asterisked me, all it said was another word for phony or false

Comment

Here they are still posting more **** listings Error Page | eBay

Comment

Comment

They're still at it! They just listed some more.. if you're buying be sure to watch out for these
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you bought some items that should retail for two or three hundred dollars, and up to five hundred dollars full retail, for twenty dollars. You expected them to be genuine?
            Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
            Modee Tech Support

Comment

I was not paying enough attention at the time
              It wasn't too bright

The 120gb SSDs I didn't think much of that - when I saw the 512gb fancy one I thought, this can't be real but give it a shot
              It looked like a missplaced decimal as I was rationalizing the ignorance any way possible. I don't usually do things like that. I knew better this time

What I didn't notice until later on was the similarities on price and etc. In my defense I never get much sleep and I didn't buy these all in one pull all at once
              As soon as I noticed the prices I obviously knew they were all **** BAM

Then I saw the PayPal information and KNEW
              Meanwhile I am not sure of why abuse department looked at the same information and apparently thought, hey everything is fine!! That's disturbing

what a mess I created here on this

Comment

I can't see how you bought them over time and didn't realize what was happening. Anyway, it's obvious from the price that they were counterfeit, but - do they work? If they work, then for $20., not such a bad deal, no?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

The trouble with counterfeit/refurbished SSDs is that they may work fine for a few weeks or months and then suddenly the storage size will drop dramatically (if it even ever was what it was supposed to be). These drives have a finite number of read/write cycles unlike conventional HDs.

If you're going to buy an SSD always buy new and genuine, they are worth the investment.

Comment

That's true. Good point. If the data is worth storing in the first place, need to have it stored someplace reliable.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

There was never any item or shipment or anything, can you believe that...

Three of them got marked "shipped" three days after the sales happened with no tracking uploaded .. lol ... it's like I tried to explain to PayPal abuse team, I bet.. they're doing nice small transactions flying under a radar and probably dumping to central accounts they can cash out (probably by "selling" items to their own accounts and things like that I would imagine)

You'll notice that the eBay accounts they're using have little to no feedback but they're NOT new accounts. You can tell because some of these have (1) or (2) and it's too old too see

I would imagine that they've gained access to older idle eBay accts and PayPal accts some way
                      Or they created them a long time ago
                      Or they have purchased them
                      or.. who KNOWS you know?

How on EARTH eBay and PayPal aren't noticing and doing something to stop this is BEYOND ME .... especially after I e-mailed them about it to let them know at PayPal and flagged a bunch of the questionable listings

How I managed to buy 5 of them before noticing I can't believe
                      Sleep deprivation truly makes ones all but a crazy person at times

Comment

PS: I didn't make this thread title, one of the mods did! I was trying to say that the seller accounts and listings were phony (not the drives)

Comment

What are you saying, that nothing was ever shipped? What did the delivery confirmations represent?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
                            What are you saying, that nothing was ever shipped? What did the delivery confirmations represent?
                            Right yes NOTHING ever shipped
                            The closest thing I ever saw to resembling an actual shipped sale was "delivery in progress" after some of the sellers "marked the item shipped"
                            Nothing ever shipped in any way at all

Comment

I posted delivery confirmations? That would be in error or something else if I did

Comment

Working...
                              X