Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERO listings, VERO sellers of counterfeit (generic) hard drives, never delivered, can't get a PayPal refund?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got five e-mails of this
    Attached Files

Comment

Then they said stuff like this, some of them-
      As you can see there's no tracking information uploaded
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out what they said under "PUIRCHASE HISTORY" after a few days:
        Attached Files

Comment

I bought these on 01/07 and 01/08 and 01/09
          I noticed that the prices were pretty similar and that they hadn't shipped (a couple days later)

1. I send screenshots of everything to PayPal abuse dept
          2. I flagged each listing on Ebay
          3. As soon as it'd let me I opened cases on Ebay
          4. I tried to open disputes on PayPal but did it wrong
          5. As soon as I managed to open a PayPal dispute I got 5 separate e-mails from eBay saying
          "Your case has been closed" about each item
          6. Paypal combined everything into one case which now says "Case Closed: Transaction not covered"
          7. I received five seperate e-mails from PayPal "Your Paypal Claim: Claim Denied"
          (All five e-mails each have a unique Claim #)
          8. In the PayPal resolution center it doesn't show ANY of those claim numbers
          It shows a "Case ID" and under that it shows all five transactions BUT says nothing whatever at all
          about the claim numbers or anything

This was my huge grave error:
          I reported it wrong in paypal. Not realizing that it'd close my eBay cases down I put it down in PayPal as "report unauthorized"
          and apparently that messed everything all up completely-
          That's when everything got combined into one PayPal case which now says "Case Closed: Transaction not covered"
          And now, eBay won't ever let me reopen the cases at all

So that is the whole story in order

Comment

PayPal does not rule in favor of the seller unless seller provides proof of delivery.

It sounds more like you did not file disputes at PayPal at all.
            Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
            Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
              PayPal does not rule in favor of the seller unless seller provides proof of delivery.

It sounds more like you did not file disputes at PayPal at all.
              Exactly- I think what I filed is a completely different routine. From what I have been reading since then, unauthorized use or access claims are completely different
              But now when I try to open a dispute on paypal, since those transactions were in that, it tells me an error

Comment

Originally posted by ebayvic92939 View Post

Exactly- I think what I filed is a completely different routine. From what I have been reading since then, unauthorized use or access claims are completely different
                But now when I try to open a dispute on paypal, since those transactions were in that, it tells me an error
                Of course there's a big difference between an unauthorized claim and an INR/IND claim.

I thought you said you had used PayPal many times, because you're acting like you know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by El Mariachi View Post

Of course there's a big difference between an unauthorized claim and an INR/IND claim.

I thought you said you had used PayPal many times, because you're acting like you know nothing.
                  Yes I've been using it for years but I haven't filed many cases or disputes at all

Comment

You could hire me for tech support to address this but given that only $100. is at stake, best that you simply chalk this up as a lesson and move on.
                    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
                    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Yeah I don't even think I'll bother the FTC about it
                      They probably won't be interested in such a small thing

Comment

I cannot believe that PayPal hasn't responded to my message about this
                        That makes me mad

Comment

This is getting ridiculous- I just bought an item, paid for it, a few minutes later I get this:

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
                          We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:
                          - If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:
                          Security Measure
                          - If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay’s protection, please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.
                          - If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.
                          In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
                          Protecting your account
                          Thanks,
                          eBay

Meanwhile, it told me I could not open a case because Ebay didn't think that it had been paid for yet - but then luckily in PayPal the status explained that as it was "unclaimed"
                          I was able to cancel it through paypal without having to wait for a case or any of that..
                          Amazing. Just amazing.

Under purchase history, same thing those other ones say:
                          We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Comment

I imagine that if doofus would have claimed the payment I'd be waiting a week or two for my money to be freed back up, too, I suppose?
                            I always got amazing deals by beating everyone else to some items when they're listed but now this is going to throw a wrench into THAT, that's for sure.

Comment

Looks like those **** SSD listings are still being created! The eBay system STILL doesn't know that the Kingston one in my purchase history is one of these
                              I reported the eBay listing
                              I showed it to PayPal abuse
                              Here is another one... as you can see exact same story of many of the other **** listings for these drives

1. Aged account with long period of inactivity
                              2. SSD priced $19.xx

You can see (4) but
                              That, I believe, means that the account had four positive feedbacks over one year ago. Or five positive and one negative. Or something

Definitely watch out for these!
                              The laptop I bought tonight was listed by an acct with 30 feedbacks and several were seller feedback recent enough to show up, so they're not ALL the nearly 0 and completely inactive accounts
                              Oddly, the laptop supposedly had an ssd inside similar to one of the **** listings for drives. That's interesting. This is all very interesting. It reminds me of OTC trading!

Costly as this experience may be at least it's interesting
                              Attached Files

Comment

PS: Sorry, I had forgotten that word isn't allowed

Comment

Working...
                                X