Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERO listings, VERO sellers of counterfeit (generic) hard drives, never delivered, can't get a PayPal refund?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.. how long have these $19.XX items been around.. anyway? Is it paranoid to say that makes it seem like an inside thing??
    Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE: PayPal came through and responded to me.
      They fixed all of the bad transactions even though
      I muddled up the dispute process.

I am amazed and pleasantly surprised, here.

We recently received your appeal for an unauthorized case that was denied. We'll get back to you with our findings within 9 days.
      For more information and to see the status of your case, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center.

Two minutes later:

We've determined the payment(s) in question were unauthorized and have refunded the full amount.
      Here are the transaction details:
      Date: January 7, 2018
      Transaction amount: $19.25 USD
      Date: January 8, 2018
      Transaction amount: $19.55 USD
      Date: January 9, 2018

Transaction amount: $19.45 USD
      Transaction amount: $19.45 USD
      Transaction amount: $19.44 USD
      The money will be refunded to your PayPal balance.

I am VERY lucky that they decided to put the effort into what ever they had to do
      for solving this since it had to break the usual procedures/rules to happen

Comment

Yes, as noted above:

Originally posted by Modee View Post
        PayPal does not rule in favor of the seller unless seller provides proof of delivery.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Yes! It looked like I had managed to be the only idiot to ever manage to not be covered in a spot like that for awhile there though.
          When I have money again I'm going to RUIN my neighbors for making me so tired .. I cannot wait!
          Being tired makes me dumber than normal

Everyone should definitely look out for those phony listings ... they're a huge inconvenience if you're not careful on there lately!
          Last edited by ebayvic92939; 01-21-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Looks like they got it under control, finally.. I've not seen any phony listings come up for the terms I monitor today, at all.

Comment

I just missed a STEAL because of taking the time to be more careful
              That makes me SO MAD
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like they're doing more phony laptop listings
                WATCH OUT for these
                Error Page | eBay
                Attached Files

Comment

More drives again .. 19.99 this time
                  A drive listing nearly identical to this is the only one eBay didn't remove from my purchase history on that five when all that happened, too. That's interesting

Same modus operandi... they are using an account with a couple or so feedbacks which all are too old to show on the 000 000 000
                  Attached Files

Comment

They're being bought quickly, too!
                    Here went another one... lasted a few minutes

They seem to use old accounts idle accounts which had 20 to 40 positives for the laptop listings
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well they're at it again
                      unbelievable
                      https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F15 2883840690
                      Attached Files

Comment

Same thing but this had one feedback post that isn't too old to show
                        very close though
                        this is so interesting
                        I'm probably the only person who thinks something like this is so interesting but everyone else be sure to watch out for this stuff
                        Attached Files

Comment

The URLs you've posted go to removed listings, so eBay must be on it, actively removing the listings soon after they are created.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Yeah I can't keep reporting them when I first see them because of redacted but I think they've FINALLY noticed a pattern there.... one would hope
                            If they are up a quite a while I go ahead and report them for whatever good that does
                            Earlier I bought an item from a listing which looked legitimate and the account looked good and had current seller feedback and it turned out to be compromised. YaY-

One strategy I use now is to delay making payment for at least twenty minutes. The "account compromised sale cancelled" messages always show up within an hour of making a purchase(lately, anyway, that's how it's been). So I just don't pay instantaneously, any more.. Worked great awhile ago and saved a little hassle.

The listing had a one per buyer limit on it and that made me a LITTLE suspicious. At first that gives it an appearance of being legitimate but to me it was a bit of a red flag. I'm funny that way but trust your gut I guess. I sure didn't think it was a phony listing though!!

Comment

I'm not sure why you need to delay payments. The listings you are talking about are obviously suspect because of the prices offered compared to the full retail. Why do you need to think about it at all? You are overthinking all of this.

For example all the listings for $300. - $400. Cartier 18K love bracelets - does anyone think they could be real?

Error Page | eBay

Click image for larger version  Name:	CartierLoveBracelet_Counterfeit.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	408.9 KB ID:	79475

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I've always gotten sick ridiculous deals, especially on eBay... the problem I ran into recently is as soon as a good deal is listed eight of us try to beat each other to it, and, now a lot of them are phony for a couple of the items we want... lol..
                                So it was a bunch of us piling over each other to buy NOTHING.
                                But as an example the one I bought earlier was a $150 item for $55 and the account didn't look suspicious or anything
                                I've grabbed deals like those many times you know?
                                But since it turned out to be phony, my having waited a few minutes before paying, that saved me having to open a case or wait for my money back or any of that

Anyone who is trying to get juicy deals on there can do that to have a little less hassle, I think? Just delaying payment for awhile won't bother anything

Comment

Working...
                                X