Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having same password or security questions can lead to linking of your EBAY accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having same password or security questions can lead to linking of your EBAY accounts

Avoid using the same PW on your EBAY accounts, unless you want them to be linked! Do not have the same security questions either!
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Haha I learnt this the hardway.

Probably like most of you, you have the same general 2 or 3 passwords...

Comment

use Roboform software to generate the password and can be use to remember your password...
      i really like this software

Comment

Interesting, yes - because the alternative is to write down or remember lots of passwords!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

u can download the software here:
          Download RoboForm Password Manager and Form Filler

Comment

Wallpaper with all relevant login info...

I like to keep spreadsheets with all my account info (eBay, PayPal, Cartmanager, etc.). I then screen shot each accounts info into an image file. Then I use the image file as my desktop wallpaper. This way, I can see my login info by just clicking the "desktop" quick launch button. This also helps me quickly identify which account I'm currently in.

Comment

yes u can do that...
              but that software can remember all password we generate and with account we use it
              especially for paypal

Comment

I have 4 accounts with ebay running at least a month and yes i use the same passwords for all of them - i use the same passwords for all of my paypal accounts too - I am careful to not get linked by doing all the right things.

I didn't know about the pw.

Why haven't I got linked or gotten any other problems from using the same pw?

Comment

As noted, the PW is one of many factors used to link. Imagine a scale...one side you have a heavy weight. A presumption of innocence, tipped in your favor.

But bit by bit, enough factors to link you to a past account weigh in on the other side, until...bam, the scale tips in the other direction and you get suspended.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbalanced_scales copy.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	70259

Modee Tech Support

Comment

OK - is it worth the trouble to change them? All my security questions are the same too.

At least I wont be making that mistake on my upcoming accounts.

...but so far still good

Comment

I would change them, yes definitely. And the security questions too - those are an even stronger link.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I wouldnt think ebay or paypal would even keep your password's decrypted or accessable anywhere.
                        So how would they link you using password's?
                        I dont believe this to be true unless i can see some proof.

Comment

Believe it! Everything we post here is based on empirical evidence.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                          X