Extracting email addresses of customers buyers in your PayPal account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracting email addresses of customers buyers in your PayPal account

I have used PayPal for about nine years on two of my own websites. I have some of my emails in a MSFT Entourage, but ALL of them are in the PayPal database itself.

Like to know how to extract this email database from the PayPal system, to start contacting all my customers for follow up purchases. Been so busy with so many sales, have not done this yet!

I have some ideas on how to do this, but wondering if anyone has ever done.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

hi,

yes i use this feature on PayPal and it so easy to do.

the beauty of this feature is that you can download all of your history into CSV. format, which is perfect for upload the email addresses into my emailing software.

you can collect full data that includes name, postal address, email address item title. or you can simply select the email address only.

1) Log into PP and click 'All Account Activity' under your current PP balance box
    2) In the History box (top left) click 'Download History'
    3) From there you can see all the options you have including data ranges, date ranges and the best bit about it is that you can download your most recent recent data by using the 'Last download to present' function.

the people at PayPal do have some good ideas like this one, unfortunately they have some shockers also!

hope it helps.

Comment

I requested all my history. PayPal will email me when ready. I wasn't sure which of these boxes I would check if all I wanted was email addresses:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PayPal download Fields.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	70274

In the end, I am not sure how beneficial this is going to be for me, because I sell different products with this PayPal, from different websites. I want to try to download the history, say, from sales to one website only. I don't think PP offers that.

I mean I don't want to email the buyers of crankshafts with an offer to buy more lingerie, so to speak. :-)

But it is a start! and I thank you for the information.

Oddly, PayPal wrote me back and said there was no way to do this at all, lol:

Dear ______________,

Thanks for contacting PayPal. My name is Katherine and I appreciate the
      opportunity to assist you with your questions.

I apologize for any delay in responding to your inquiry.

I understand that you would like to download all the email address of
      your buyers.

Unfortunately we don’t have a feature like that yet but you can actually
      see the email address of your buyers to the transaction details. If you
      will go to your history, just click on details of the transaction and
      you will see the email address there.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and
      wish you continued success on PayPal.

Sincerely,
      _________
      PayPal Consumer Support
      PayPal, an eBay Company

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I downloaded and extracted with a MAC program I have called EmailCampaign.

I tested it with a few addresses and it works fine. The issue is that my ISP will mark me for SPAM if I send to all of my customer base at once, which is about 2300 email addresses. I spoke to them on the phone and this is what they told me.

I have a variety of other choices for outgoing emails, but even if I use SMTP from say GoDaddy the limit is 250 per day, and no more than 100 recipients per email.

I wonder if I just tried to do it with gmail and didn't worry about burning that particular email address down.

How many email addresses do you hit at once? How do you do this sort of "campaign" emailing? Right now I have it set to send out about fifteen emails per hour - will take days to get this all done, but what's the hurry - I haven't emailed a single customer with this sort of thing in years anyway.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

hi,

i don't see that downloading all your info is a problem as you can simply sort and filter the info in Excel.

i use it to target different segments of my products - simply get all the info together, filter product A in Excel and copy and save it into its own file.

of course if you have got 100's of products it'll be time consuming but surely worth it?

Comment

Thanks for these tips plus the private ones you PMed me. What I am doing now is just setting the emails to go out every hour, about fifteen an hour. No problems yet.

I have about four categories of email addresses: Product 1, Product 2, Product 3 and sellers who have sold me something. I wrote the outgoing email in a way that addresses that fact. I didn't bother to sort through the emails, everyone is getting one!

What is interesting is that although my email program Verified all of the email addresses, a lot are still coming back undeliverable. So there is no way I suppose to know that an email is valid until after actually sending it. I think the system is emailing the older (up to nine years old) emails first, so I believe as time goes on in the email campaign less and less emails will be returned undeliverable.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

The campaign is working. I think less than a hundred emails have been sent out, and already about five orders and a few inquiries.

I was contacted by this nationwide former door to door salesmen group who wanted to contact my customers via phone to try and sell them my product. The group wants to then buy from me, re-sell to my own customers. I declined - I can do that myself via email and I don't want to give out my customer list.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

i have done this years ago and complied thousands of emails. i used them to drum up business and it works well.

Comment

I just shipped out a grocery sized bag of orders (each order is in a padded envelope) today. Yes, it does! work.

A friend of mine suggests sending the emails to lists we can get from title companies. My products basically sell to "up town" type customers, so I could try to email people whose homes are worth, only say ________ or more (depending on the geographic area).

I remember once I answered the home office phone at my parents' house, and granted they live in an area where the minimum home is _______ acres and ________ in price which is ridiculously high, but anyway, I answered this LONG phone survey and just made up lie after lie made myself out to be practically a billionaire and that phone never stopped ringing with high end marketing solicitations, especially from stock brokers! I ended up transferring that phone to my own home office eventually, and Got so that any time I heard a New York Guido accent on the other end asking for me by first name that I just slammed the phone down.

And one of those brokers ended up taking me for a ride that I had to file a complaint with the NASD over, so just be careful what you say or do on the phone or internet these days. It can come back to bite you!

I ended up flat out disconnecting that phone line.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                  X