Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Payment Review Outcome: Cleared, OK to Ship - notifications of held payments not sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Review Outcome: Cleared, OK to Ship - notifications of held payments not sent

Lately on my PayPal account I use for NON-Ebay transactions (sales from some of my own websites), PayPal has been holding up payments (for no real reason), while they "review" them.

Fine. All right. And yes, this is one of the reasons I prefer Google Checkout to PayPal.
    Comparing Google Checkout and PayPal - entering tracking #s and other comparisons - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    At least with GC once the payment has processed, GC never (at least never on any of my accounts) reverses them unless the BUYER files a complaint or chargeback.

But anyway as far as these "held up" PayPal payments, the real problem is this: PayPal is not always emailing me the notifications until AFTER the review is completed. In other words, I am getting NO emailed notification whatsoever that a given payment is "under review."

Now, on a given day I might receive a LOT of payments. I don't have time to log into my PP account to check each payment. Matter of fact, I depend on the emailed "Payment Received" emails just to notify me that someone bought something.

This is very annoying and potentially problematic. Yesterday I shipped an item and then today (after the fact) received the email notifying me that payment was "Cleared" and it was "OK to Ship."

Gee guys. Thanks for telling me. After the fact.

The only general rule of thumb I can find is that no payment has been held up, that I can recall, for under US $180. But this doesn't even mean that all payments over $180. WILL be held up.

Just a confusing situation when PayPal does not email us and let us know what is going on, BEFORE the review is completed.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support
Working...
X