Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal asking for receipts - what if I give them a store receipt for an item I return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal asking for receipts - what if I give them a store receipt for an item I return

Hi guys, im going to set up a new account with ebay and paypal, however i know i will hit a wall as what i sell is expensive. The reason i was limited in the first place is i dont have receipts for items, as they are purchased for cash. So i was thinking, buy the item from where i would get it, but also buy the item from a store, to obtain a receipt, then return it and keep the receipt, i can then send this to paypal if needs be.

How would i get around them asking for photographic id if they already have copies of my passport and driving licence and i will perhaps be using a different name? Please PM if you can not disclose that info in public view, thanks and all the best.

merchant account?

what about a merchant account? and make sure everything is FRESH when you open a new account. make sure nothing links to the old account. new IP as well as telefon number and so on. but yes your funds will be held for 21 days or if delivery notice is earlier. not too funny I know. really try a merchant account like cc now is excellent. (dont try and list with it though!)

Comment

Well your idea might make sense unless the receipt shows that you paid more for the item than you are selling it for! There are better ways to deal with this issue, contact me for tech support.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by discovery19 View Post
        Hi guys, im going to set up a new account with ebay and paypal, however i know i will hit a wall as what i sell is expensive. The reason i was limited in the first place is i dont have receipts for items, as they are purchased for cash. So i was thinking, buy the item from where i would get it, but also buy the item from a store, to obtain a receipt, then return it and keep the receipt, i can then send this to paypal if needs be.

How would i get around them asking for photographic id if they already have copies of my passport and driving licence and i will perhaps be using a different name? Please PM if you can not disclose that info in public view, thanks and all the best.
        I am able to help you

Comment

Working...
        X