X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Psycho
    replied
    Originally posted by Modee View Post
    Well, lol, whether you catch coronavirus or not has nothing to do with taking vitamins, it has more to do with if you have been exposed! for long enough, especially in a situation where masks are not worn.
    Catching any illness has nothing to do with taking vitamins, my point is whether it develops into something serious has everything to do with your immunity and your body's ability to fight off disease. High doses of Vitamin C seem to offer some short term boost to your immunity, kind of like a shot of espresso in the morning for your concentration. Ironically statistically smokers also appear to be at a far lower prevalence of developing COVID symptoms, not saying everyone should start smoking but it does show some things seem to have an effect.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Well, lol, whether you catch coronavirus or not has nothing to do with taking vitamins, it has more to do with if you have been exposed! for long enough, especially in a situation where masks are not worn.

Leave a comment:

• American Psycho
    replied
    I'm also taking some high dose Vitamin C, supposedly it doesn't provide any lasting benefits but if you have very high amounts of Vitamin C in your system (1-2000 mg) your immunity is much stronger. As far as I know I haven't had COVID yet, so maybe it's working

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Interesting that you mention a friend of mine just messaged me asking the same.

I take a lot of vitamins and supplements, including the two you mention. No Resveratrol. I actually don't take anti-oxidants like extra Vitamin C or E (other than what is in my multivitamin) or selenium or alpha lipoid acid any longer, but I do take lycopene though. Taking large doses of antioxidants might not be good, so I gave that up.

If vitamins and supps works, I don't think you'd notice anything quickly - need to take them for years and mostly their benefit would be preventative.

Leave a comment:

• American Psycho
    started a topic Vitamin Supplements

Vitamin Supplements

I take a daily multi vitamin and mineral supplement, and also a dose of Omega 3. Used to take Resveratrol but found it had no effect.

What do you take?
Working...
X