Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modee
    replied
    Coinbase is now the most popular App on the Apple App Store.
    Mashable

Number of bitcoin users expects to reach 200 million by 2024
    Exponential Growth: Number of Bitcoin Users to Reach 200 Million by 2024

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    BTC futures start trading on December 10th - expect volatility, but I still expect to see BTC march UP over all in 2018.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Bitcoin is the Original and Best.

Bitcoin has consistently reached record highs over the past week despite some economists’ concerns about a bitcoin bubble. Meanwhile, other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Ripple were declining in value as of this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    With bitcoin at over $13,000. seems like the run is over, right? Wrong! This is a fast moving freight train that is just getting started.

There will inevitably be ups and downs but the over all trend remains UP!

Part of bitcoin's allure is that it is seen as something that is not manipulated by Wall Street, something impatient Millennials may get their hands on and make money with, TODAY, not tomorrow.

Comparisons have been made with silver mining booms of the 1970s:
    Bitcoin Price Mimicking Trajectory of Silver in 1970s: Legendary Trader
    but I think it is more akin to a counterculture movement that allows people to thumb their noses at traditional government and economics. As far as bitcoin's being valueless with no backing, let's remember that the US dollar has been off the gold standard since 1971, so what's backing the dollar up now? A trillion dollar President Grump deficit?
    Analysis | Why it’s such a big deal the Senate tax bill would add $1 trillion to debt

This high velocity bitcoin movement reminds me of my long past gambling days, when I'd be high fiving my friends as the dealer busted over and over or dealt me winning hand after winning hand in blackjack. In between winners, I'd scream, to anyone who would listen, "Let me tell you what they can't stop?" so loud that the table would grow quiet.

"This." one of my friends would say finally, breaking the silence and smiling quietly while pointing at my winning hand and ever growing stack of chips.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Pick up a Rolls with bitcoin:
    Rolls-Royce For Sale - Owner Wants Bitcoin

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Bitcoin Bubble Burst will warn you if the bitcoin dream is about to crash down
    Page not found | TechCrunch

Leave a comment:

• American Psycho
    replied
    I take it you're unfazed by the negative opinions about it being a bubble and comparisons to Tulipmania? The question is do you buy more or simply continue to hold on to what you have now?

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Let's call it a phenomenon at this point, as we are over $11,000. twice even after a drop well below.

I don't believe this is even mainstream yet, and has a long way to go, UP!

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Those are good points. Nowadays when you open a coinbase account, they actually verify your identity. BTC transactions are completely traceable actually (the entire transaction record is maintained and is very easy to trace), but if certain measures are taken, the account is anonymous and the withdrawal of the cash is somehow done anonymously, then yes it's untraceable to a person. But for the most part in most situations it's actually pretty easy to trace a BTC transaction, and many people don't realize that.

You'd be less traceable with a gift credit card that you had someone buy for you with cash, if you know what you are doing as far as using it untraceably.

The main reason sellers (of anything) like BTC is because it is irreversible.

Leave a comment:

• Fabiancarson
    replied
    BTC trading is largely unregulated.
    it should have a regulatory body. Because this is the currency of future.
    It is the currency of dark net. People use it for illegal purposes because of its anonymity.
    There are ways which makes it untraceable.
    It should be managed by regulatory body to prevent misuse and organized in a better way.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    This guy tries to manipulate the BTC markets by placing large buy or sell orders just out of the money, and then cancelling them as soon as the market moves towards his order.:
    Single Trader with Enormous Bankroll is Manipulating Bitcoin Price, But to What End?

When I used to trade larger lots in the stock market I'd routinely place buy or sell orders for over a million dollars in a given stock, but I was legitimately buying or selling. Such orders would actually push the market around and get many small traders to jump in just below or above my bid/ask. But I placed my orders with real intent to trade, not to manipulate.

It is illegal to place such spoof, manipulative orders in the stock market, but BTC trading is largely unregulated.

By the way, BTC over $3000. now. Still continue to hold and accumulate!

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Supply and demand! Based on the average cost of my BTC, I'm at a nine bagger right now! Better even than any stock I've bought in past four years, that's for sure.

When you think about something like this:
    http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Stree.../22/id/791586/
    it really makes you think.

I got into BTC in 2013, but still very good!

The price is so high right now, might even be a good time to get back into making BTC mining hardware!

Leave a comment:

• American Psycho
    replied
    What in the world has happened to BTC recently?

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Run it on your laptop for a month and let us know.

Leave a comment:

• American Psycho
    replied
    Just roughly, if I leave a laptop running 24/7, how many Bitcoins can I expect it to mine me over what period?
    Or would 1 Bitcoin/year be equal odds to a lottery win?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X